Scrub-a-dub-dub da SPD

Y’all probably have totally awesome ways to clean your SPD flask… but just in case you haven’t used this… it works so dang good I just had to share something that might make a couple new guys lives a lil easier. Remember, fwd and back causes different effective reach in the flask, but touching the liquid pool will snub the centrifical forces that this sucka uses to clean clean clean! I added the neck protection collar for my fingers, the glass neck and to extend the ability to steer it a bit better when in the flask.

Thanks for creating this site and for everyone’s contributions that make it a helluva resource!

2 Likes

Doesn’t scratch your glass? Just steel wool?

1 Like

Parts:
-Stainless draw/zip tie from Home Depot holds scrubby onto handle loop.
-Stainless scrubby from Home Depot pulled apart long ways and threaded onto wire handle down to loop and fastened to terminal loop.
-Stainless long wire-handled (3ft) bottle scrubber from restraint supply store. Nip the scrubber end off to thread the scrubby down to handle.
-Chemical resistant-ish tubing from interweb or home depot I guess, for protecting fingers and glass joint, threaded after scrubby and before attaching screw gun.
-Brushless screw gun from home depot to protect eye brows and spin this lil bastard.

Side note, as you naturally bend this sucker to and fro the wire will bust off in the mandibles of the screw gun so use the maximum length, because it does self shorten over time.
Enjoy!!

2 Likes

No noticable scratches so far…

that might be a stretch :wink:

but we do have a number of threads on the subject that are easier to find.
(no, I’m not giving you shit for not searching first…)

2 Likes

Salt and acetone,
Got that from colombo for particulate.

Hot near boiling limonene for tar fraction after a run. Rinse twice after with fresh limonene and jts done.

3 Likes

Who do you think taught columbo.

4 Likes

We even have to have claims to fame for this? Hahahah

I learned the salt trick from my homie Brian in high school. Shout out to Brian and his Roor.

7 Likes

Who do you think taught Brian…

9 Likes