Scammer Tag Idea Please Comment Everyone

I wanted to see what the community thought about a “scammer” tag for people who go around screwing ppl.

We as a website get millions of views, I think the threat of a tag like this will help prevent people from screwing ppl over.

I think the man @Future should obviously have some say in what happens and who gets a scammer tag. I think the community should also vote on it too to prevent abuse.

Any comments are welcome.

Shoot out @anon56994712 for the idea

6 Likes

There is no way that would work, people would just make a new account lmfaooo

7 Likes

If I screwed someone I couldnt just make a new account and get my reputation back. Plus if anyone knows me theyd know I’m a scammer by the tag.

You’re not gonna hit up a noob account to come give you a consult, but you would hit up me because of my tag on here or reputation

4 Likes

Idkkkkkkkk people were hitting me up for consults like my third month here. If you know what you are talking about you can rep up mad easy

6 Likes

Well i would find one claim to little for a scammer tag but if several story s come a float of some one scamming it
Makes sense
I have been dooing a few consultations now and a sop is. As relative as the one that thought it out
Yes certain tings are quit standard
But other are not so
Example winterizing at -18 C
I recomend 48 hours in the freezer
Yet many say 24 hours is enough
And fact of the matter is what cooling cappasity does the freezer have
What dillution was used
Wich solvent was used
Wich extraction method was used
It s obvious that there are many if s and maybe s and each has there own tought about them
Doesn t mean the sop was bad
I remember growing i barely met a person that does it exactly like i do yet
Most i know get the same results

3 Likes

@Kingofthekush420 I’m with you on this. Back when the TT shit show happened I said the same thing with needing a group vote amongst the most trusted memebers on issuses concerning people and businesses. This industry is hard tracking and keeping legit info on anybody. A felony background is the most that can be checked. We all know a lot of stuff can’t be reported due to the nature of our business. If we don’t have some sort of records the savages and vultures will continue to roam amongst us. A hard tag isn’t worth anything bc a new account can be made. I suggest making a black bar thread and only certain people can edit it so it’s not a mud slinging fest.

1 Like

Some people might try to get that scammer tag for clout.

1 Like

Isn’t this the reason for consultant and vendor verification that already exists?

If one isn’t verified, they should not be trusted. Verification should also be revoked if negative allegations can be proven.

Going past that would require almost constant mediation by the site over the smallest of claims.

4 Likes

On that same point, since there is a “verified” tag, I think a “scammer” tag would have value. There are people without tags at all who have valuable knowledge. But If someone has repeatedly given bad advice/consulting and @Future or someone he deems trustworthy sees it appropriate, pointing out said person could be effective

2 Likes

Why would anyone with a scammer tag even post though?

6 Likes

I like the idea of the voting system. Maybe it requires “x” amount of votes to apply / remove a tag. There would need to be a threshold on membership level to be able to vote so you couldn’t make new accounts and vote yourself out of a hole

Yeah, that’s a valid point. But I guess that would also weed them out of future :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

There are lots of ppl on here that do business without tags or verification. Me and @anon93688 have done business for SOPs yet hes not verified or anything. If something happened and he had a scammer tag it would help keep people from reaching out to them.

Were not talking about the small claims, were talking about multiple ppl getting ripped off for liters.

2 Likes

Can we make the scammer tag only visable to everyone but them? Only way it could work really

4 Likes

If you are doing business with new accounts, that’s up to you, but I feel like a scammer tag would be useful to deter “Scammers” from ever gaining reputation. If they gain the reputation just to scam, they can get away with if they fish every couple of months. You dont see every post, and if they post enough, it will be really hard to find where they scammed someone. Unless that tag gets put on their account, then they couldnt come back and try again after their first couple of attempts

3 Likes

i feel like a general community reputation vote for all users could be good as far as knowing the the weight that some people’s words should be taken with. could be also cool for newbies trying to establish/verify the validity of their knowledge

2 Likes

I like that one, but not sure this platform has the capability

1 Like

Somehow going in circles got me “leader” ?!?
Are we sure this system works?

Edit: turning that badge off. Following me in circles makes no sense :wink:

4 Likes

Off topic. @Beakers sublimator: Sold

1 Like

I have a scammer fucker out of LA… His handle is
Coco_love on telegram… Has screwed 100s of people out of hard earned money promising to mail product i.e carts and herb… Stay away from him… hopefully his name can be spread and his business will fail… Thank you for your time.

1 Like