Santa Cruz fires

Yeah, it isn’t fun for any of us in the fire’s path. Who needs mismanaged forests anyway?! Eugene is about 15 miles inside the smoke on that last pic.

6 Likes

Damn I’m sorry to see this, to all of those affected it’s very tragic & I don’t wish it upon anyone. I’m sure by now my childhood family towns in NorCal are gone where we once lived & if shit really hits the fan I hope lbc doesn’t burn all the way, it would be nice to visit again someday or finally get to a @Mosaic_Co-Labs meet :wink:

3 Likes

It rained here last week, and there’s rain in the forecast next week as well. Pacific county has never burned more than a 100 acres at once max. But the smoke is pretty thick here today.

4 Likes

That’s a pic of the sun from outside our offices in Temecula today.

Everything around us is on :fire:

I am ready to roll though…got my go bag of PPE and personal defense with me.

I’ve already liquidated all my home furnishings, luxury items and electronics.

I have a box truck in the process of conversion to mobile living quarters. It’s looking pretty sweet already.

6 Likes

Are you building the

7 Likes

Glad your on top of it brother! Too many people aren’t ready to go when the time comes.:+1:

4 Likes

Definitely appropriate attire for PNW!

Going up off grid in Central Texas it was pretty much “shorts or die” (from heat exhaustion) lol

6 Likes

I’d love to see a glg meet mid summer here on the river😂 y’all wouldn’t go outside

Thank you :blush:

If only everyone could shift their attention to survival and sustainability and revisit the “back to the land” movement of our elders…

Even when leaders like @Future mangnanimously serve up self-reliance curriculum on the daily… some can’t motivate themselves to engage any further than hitting the “like” button and feeling satisfied in their level of participation.

But awareness is the first step and I imagine permaculture/survivalist enthusiasts are gaining some serious traction right now.

At this time I feel blessed to have not been raised with any of the modern luxuries or amenities. I was conditioned for self reliance throughout my entire childhood.

8 Likes

Between fires, earthquakes, volcanoes, tsunamis, drought, mudslides and heatwaves I don’t know how anybody in California or the PNW could not have a bug out bag ready to go. I’m in Michigan and there’s a bug out bag and ammo can at the foot of my bed.

3 Likes

It’s tough to find an appropriate piece of land that fits all the zoning requirements and is affordable for the average person. I’ve been looking all over Oregon, but I can’t navigate the process without an attorney or something to hold my hand. Maine’s appealing because of the lack of bureaucracy and low costs, that winter has to be rough though.

This is the St. John’s bridge today, paired with the sun. Still nowhere near as bad as down south thankfully

4 Likes

I’m originally from Maine, now in the hinterland of NorCal. Grass is always greener, but as a wiser man than me once said, “You don’t go looking for good land, you go looking for good neighbors.”

Tickets will be to the moon for everything. If y’all west coast rollers don’t know how to hunt your own elk and casually put it on the table every night, best learn, because all those buddy brokers heavily leaned upon to bring you that sweet biomass are gonna be harder pressed than ever before to deliver after this last week gone down. Take that to the bank.

5 Likes

Seattle this morning on I-5 south just coming over the Ship Canal Bridge. This is the point you can see the entire city and skyline. Today, nothing.

Seattle had the second worst air quality in the world today.

5 Likes

Faccccck man I hope y’all got ppe, this is all getting way crazy out of hand. There was a major fire started out in the valley here tonight too :unamused: & of course it’s next to a lot of the actual produce produce farmers

Update now there’s two & yeah doesn’t look like it’s gonna be a good night. Someone is driving around setting all the hay stacks in flames, they did it on 2 streets that are 3-miles apart, with nothing but super fertilized produce fields & desert scape full of thick thick brush…

Now 3 wtf man.

I’m pissed the second one they’re just going to let burn, it’s a stones throw from my aunt home. Her area is know to become uncontrollable in this season.

Now 4…

2 Likes

Today is the worst yet here in Portland, that picture is the St. John’s bridge with forest park behind it. The arch of the bridge is about 1000 feet from where I took the picture

3 Likes

Anyone see this yet??

1 Like

Lololol, I haven’t been to pol since 2017 when all the boomers took over with the qanon shit.

2 Likes

Oh is that where the picture is from? Lol I seent it on the Book

Yeah, thats definitely pol.

And that’s a shoop too I’d say.

The have arrested some people for arson, but they dismiss political links.

2 Likes

Oh shit, yeah I’ve never heard of them lol, but shits getting crazy