Santa Cruz fires

I’d love to see a glg meet mid summer here on the river😂 y’all wouldn’t go outside

Thank you :blush:

If only everyone could shift their attention to survival and sustainability and revisit the “back to the land” movement of our elders…

Even when leaders like @Future mangnanimously serve up self-reliance curriculum on the daily… some can’t motivate themselves to engage any further than hitting the “like” button and feeling satisfied in their level of participation.

But awareness is the first step and I imagine permaculture/survivalist enthusiasts are gaining some serious traction right now.

At this time I feel blessed to have not been raised with any of the modern luxuries or amenities. I was conditioned for self reliance throughout my entire childhood.

8 Likes

Between fires, earthquakes, volcanoes, tsunamis, drought, mudslides and heatwaves I don’t know how anybody in California or the PNW could not have a bug out bag ready to go. I’m in Michigan and there’s a bug out bag and ammo can at the foot of my bed.

3 Likes

It’s tough to find an appropriate piece of land that fits all the zoning requirements and is affordable for the average person. I’ve been looking all over Oregon, but I can’t navigate the process without an attorney or something to hold my hand. Maine’s appealing because of the lack of bureaucracy and low costs, that winter has to be rough though.

This is the St. John’s bridge today, paired with the sun. Still nowhere near as bad as down south thankfully

4 Likes

I’m originally from Maine, now in the hinterland of NorCal. Grass is always greener, but as a wiser man than me once said, “You don’t go looking for good land, you go looking for good neighbors.”

Tickets will be to the moon for everything. If y’all west coast rollers don’t know how to hunt your own elk and casually put it on the table every night, best learn, because all those buddy brokers heavily leaned upon to bring you that sweet biomass are gonna be harder pressed than ever before to deliver after this last week gone down. Take that to the bank.

5 Likes

Seattle this morning on I-5 south just coming over the Ship Canal Bridge. This is the point you can see the entire city and skyline. Today, nothing.

Seattle had the second worst air quality in the world today.

5 Likes

Faccccck man I hope y’all got ppe, this is all getting way crazy out of hand. There was a major fire started out in the valley here tonight too :unamused: & of course it’s next to a lot of the actual produce produce farmers

Update now there’s two & yeah doesn’t look like it’s gonna be a good night. Someone is driving around setting all the hay stacks in flames, they did it on 2 streets that are 3-miles apart, with nothing but super fertilized produce fields & desert scape full of thick thick brush…

Now 3 wtf man.

I’m pissed the second one they’re just going to let burn, it’s a stones throw from my aunt home. Her area is know to become uncontrollable in this season.

Now 4…

2 Likes

Today is the worst yet here in Portland, that picture is the St. John’s bridge with forest park behind it. The arch of the bridge is about 1000 feet from where I took the picture

3 Likes

Anyone see this yet??

1 Like

Lololol, I haven’t been to pol since 2017 when all the boomers took over with the qanon shit.

2 Likes

Oh is that where the picture is from? Lol I seent it on the Book

Yeah, thats definitely pol.

And that’s a shoop too I’d say.

The have arrested some people for arson, but they dismiss political links.

2 Likes

Oh shit, yeah I’ve never heard of them lol, but shits getting crazy

Mandatory evacuation lasted 8 days.

Got back in last night.

Ash everywhere, but everything is intact.

Amazed that I don’t seem to have lost much in the garden without water for 8 days (power went down first)…even seedlings I would not have expected to go 24hrs are ok.

Tempted to throw the entire refrigerator out. Will probably have to toss the contents of two freezers as well.

Gonna have to figure out washing my plants too.

For now I’m just gonna celebrate that I still own this stupid coffee cup & there was hash to go in it.image

That is a nominally black surface in the background

14 Likes

Glad to here that you’re ok and you didn’t lose anything.

Not gonna lie, I’m a little worried about you guys out there and glad to hear updates like this.

Fire is scary af.

Stay safe doods

6 Likes

Glad to hear your back in home & all is relatively normalish. If you need some beans to get going again or clips for a restart I got you :facepunch:t3:

Try blowers on the plants still up for now if that don’t work may be best to just crude it’s out & wash out all the smoke presence.

Coffee & weed, never better mix, I got the pipe/mug too lol

4 Likes

Thank you sir!

As far as beans go, postie just dropped some off!!

Thanks @AgTonik!!

Freakshow Seed Meme Contest! (NOW CLOSED)

9 Likes

How the heck would that prevent arson?

Reminds me of a book , the monkeywrench gang, I read a while ago. I wonder what the angle(s) is/are.

Maybe people just be crazy. Good luck out there I hope everyone finds their mug pipes!

3 Likes

I also had about four weeks of no power and just got restored with power so my greenhouse is venting and water is available on tap. Soon be rolling on my trailer park home back on my land.

11 Likes