Sambo Solventless - Ice Water Extraction

We are wrapping up the design of a Solventless Extraction Machine based on the Filter Trolley model. I would love feedback from the forum.

It is based on an 800mm trolley, taller but similar. Some design changes inside the tube. A top-loading agitator raises and lowers by a motor. Comes with a pump like all trolleys. The lid is 304SS with triclamps and detaches from mixer.

The machine will be backward compatible with 800mm and 630mm trolleys.
A touch screen will let you set rotation direction, time, speed. Several program options customizable so you can run a preconfigured program as desired.
A low sheer impeller that will not harm flower yet strong enough to agitate and remove trichomes.
Capacity 65-80 gallons.

What do you think about the design?
What do you like and what don’t you like?
What would you like to see in this system that you don’t see in other machines?

This machine will debut in May for the NYC show. It will probably be stateside in April. If anyone is interested in a demo to help us develop an SOP, please DM here or on Instagram @sambocreeckfiltration

You can check 3D Videos on Instagram as well. Here is the post.

10 Likes

I am very excited to see custom washers entering the field. I wanna talk pricing versus difference from current products (in value) in private. Love love love seeing a new product underway and hope QC goes off well. Overseas customizations or usa made?

I’m gonna watch the videos a bit later and will edit.

What do you estimate the amount of runs it can do a day? What’s optimal# of people operating

Love seeing the quick swap in the video. Leaves a lot to the imagination for in person math

Like how many of those barrels a day can I have ready to swap fresh to finish ? Huge detail

Understanding maximum capability is everything

1 Like

These are designed and made in Arezzo, Italy like the trolleys. So there is that risk of creating prototypes abroad.

The trolley holds 80 gallons but we are shooting for a fill capacity of 65 gallons. With the demo, we will learn how many pounds and the people best to operate. I hate quoting theoretical.

One benefit is the swappable trolley. We are trying to ensure backward compatibility for users that have trolleys already or can pick up used units.

3 Likes

I look forward to your progress genuinely.

2 Likes

cool machine the mixer blade needs to be higher u dont want it low. we want the tricks to fall and to mix the material in the top an middle of the bath every time u spin towards the bottom it will shoot the thc back up into the material and u lose time or worse yield !!!
the material floats wen its wet the ice is all that pushes it down. and now were moving away from washing w ice we just want the room and water that cold, so all the material mixing goes on up top. ide like to see a double removable vortex breaker on the bottom and a stainless seamless interior.

I appreciate the feedback. The impeller can be moved up and down so we will test this and determine its effects. Also, the creation of a vortex is controlled with baffles but we simply haven’t had issues as of yet but again it’s something we will test more. Thanks for the comment!

1 Like

the motor needs to go up and down seprate of the lid w a diffrent mixer head a flat blade style . that design is mixing at the bottom constantly even wen u stop mixing that flat mixer washing machine style head is gunna catch stuff. the mixing happens 4-10" under the surface of the water and u want the vessel 80% full w water materials ice combine
what kind of system do u have for filter bags or are we just supposed to run trash cans w 30 gal bags still? we need filter tech how are u getting all those heads into the freeze dryer? i run a stainless wash vessel and a motor, these are issues i have had not to mention w a flat bottom u have to be able to tilt the unit and rinse to get the heads out. honestly under the vortex breaker needs to be sloped 45* towards the drain outlet. the top of the perferated plate should be 12 to 18" off the bottom so theres room under for the sloped bottom.

2 Likes

Perhaps it’s a bit hard to see the impeller, which is a low shear impeller we machined for this application after extensive computer modeling. But we will continue to test different impeller designs and also test the impeller height to verify how significant the difference is.

The tank is an 85+ ish gallons and set for a 65-gallon fill level.

As for filter tech, we have several bag designs to test but overall it seems the best way about it is a large over-bag that fits inside the machine with a mesh bottom of 220 mesh or so. The bags have hooks so you can hoist everything out. Unfortunately, if you are using ice this is an issue and perhaps small work bags would be better then.

We are also testing an inline filter that will remove trichomes and sort them as you work. Water would recirculate through the system and remove trichomes instead of letting them be beat up in the tank. Cleanup should be easy as well and we plan to offer 3 or 5 size fractions.

The bottom of the tank is slanted at quite an angle and the perforated grate is about as high as you suggest.

Again I appreciate the feedback. Keep it coming!

All you guys that have helped us develop this, we greatly appreciate it. This truly is a community effort. Please keep the comments coming.

2 Likes

How much is it/ gonna be @SamboCreeck.com?

$27k.

$27k??? Why?

I see the control box, overhead motor, and diaphragm pump… the 55gallon barrel look-a-like with union valve…

I think you’re about double on the pricing for that machine.

5 Likes

Yeah I almost spit coffee all over my rig when I read that. Holy cow that’s pricey @SamboCreeck.com way to utilize us for r&d and info, then leave us with a supremely green taxed item that little will surely support. Thanks. This industry is a trip.

10 Likes

Reminds me of Spdkings mantle :joy:

3 Likes

They’ve been around for a long time utterly taxing their products.

That giant Buchner they made cost like 5k or something ridiculous. Lol

I think you need to look at it to appreciate all that goes into it. We will have one at MJBIZCON if you want to see it in person. It is still far cheaper than most competitors. But for sure it isn’t for everyone and there are far cheaper ways to go about this.

The Chinese Delta Knockoffs are $19k so think about that for a second.

Lastly, we support all our equipment. Always have and always will.

Still, too expensive. Hell, I’m making one as we speak that’s triple wall 316SS including Exergy 120 series tube n shell and all for less than $15k. And mine keeps temps at 32.5°F w/ no ice is required.

I know what you have it in. I’m a builder/fabricator as well.

Shits too expensive my man

2 Likes

That’s your cost to build one?

Or that’s the price you and your company are selling at and offering extended support for?

I’m solo and I won’t be selling this. I sourced the materials and people to weld it all and contact Exergy themselves. Basically, if you can call a company for one of these machines, you can call any fabricator and manufacturer to do it.

3 Likes

Now boomtown, how does one go about getting one of YOUR washers haha