RSO - ISO vs Ethanol

So, I use ISO making RSO. I have been looking at this product:
organic-200-proof-corn-alcohol-certified
I am not sure to mkae a switch or not, but if I do I want want will give me the highest amount of THC or CBD as possible per mg. One thing I like about the iso is it does pull the fats/lipids, which I think may happen to help absorption because it is giving in a pill format. THC and CBD needs a carrier oil. Anyway, after 6 years of cancer with my daughter she contracted pneumonia in salvage therapy and they had to cancel the chemotherapy. Here numbers dropped to Total blood-69, t-cells-15, Luekemia-97. Every week we have seen an increase since starting the oil with zero chemotherapy. Last week they was97-91-99 (less than .01%) Never not one week has there not been an improvement and this is using ISO, which most people claim is toxic. I do use s 7% terpenoid I mix with curcumin when the oil is cooling. 500mg THC and 500mg CBD, 250 of each dosed 2x day (sativa in morning and indica at night, actually it is probably more around 600 of each, but that is conservative. That makes it difficult to swith and I cannot find enough data to understand if ethonal would provide a better product. But it seems like that organic 200 proof lab certified would possible pull similar percentage of the concentrate. I also worry about losing the lipids because the fat may help as a carrier oil. Any thoughts out there?

3 Likes

I would add a drop of extra virgin coconut oil to every pill, besides that I can’t say too much about ethanol extraction, ethanol is very cost prohibitive in canada. I can say though that neither of these 99% alcohols remain at 99% when you extract with them. Look up 200 proof here and you should be able to find lots of people talking about this

1 Like

I can in your position only say
DON t change ANY thing
If this works as well as it does do not change a thing
You have something that seems to work and i pray it stays that way
There are to many factors in play when changing solvent and your position can t afford these
Godspeed and be well :fist_left:

7 Likes

I have seen my best results when I have made RSO with ISO. I have not tried lab certified Ethanol but I agree with Roguelab, if it aint broke don’t fix it ya know?

1 Like

One thing i think we overlook is the absorption rates per mg of concentrate via inhalation, ingestion or rectal. Absorption rates for ingestion range from 4-20%. When you reduce the concentration 15-20% and look at what is actually delivered to the body, it can be huge. I wander if the extraction of ISO pulling the higher lipids, which is a fat, worm as a carrier oil through the membrane allowing more the and cbd absorption. People add mct oil, which oil is a fat and a tad as a carrier. I can’t find any data on that. 10% abpsorbtion at 75% vs 60% of total mg extracted could be huge. 20% per gram thc at 75% is 150mg, only absorbing 15mg. At 60% it is 120mg, which absorption is 12mg. That’s a 20% decrease in delivered medication being absorbed into body via ingestion, estimated at 10%, range 4-20%. I’d love to see as study on a carrier oil that is effective.

Anyway, does anyone know a good lab i can send small samples too and have tested. Thanks.

1 Like

Tested for cannabinoid content ?
Luckely all labs only need small sample sizes 0.5 gr is often more than enough

About carriers
This is the main reason i sugest do not change a singel thing
There are at least 130 compounds in a crude oil
Wich differ when using diffrent solvents
Some pick up a lot of waxes some don t
Some pick up a lot if sugars some don t so these are compounds we understand
But many of the 130 identified compounds we know but do not understand or understand there synergy with each other or with the human body
Fact for now is that full spectrum oils have the best medicinal property s but we do not know why
There are terpenes wich we know enhance body uptake
And other compounds lecitine
But there isn t much known
There for if it works do not change
:fist_left:

3 Likes

ISO for sick people is kind of an oxymoron ain’t it? So many risks/ifs in a situation where I’m sure you aren’t keeping detailed scans of the liver of the patient and you had better have it less than .0001% remaining solvent IMO and if you haven’t even tested one batch?..ethanol for oral for sick people with weakened systems…also, encapsulate it, and it will last through the stomach acids, and if you get the capsules enteric coated, they won’t breakdown till they get past the stomach.

2 Likes

Carefull on that phrase
Several patients and studies
Are stating that residual ISO
Might benefit the medicinal valeu
I know very vague and not seemingly healty but @Beaker has some thing written about it and so do a very few papers on the net

4 Likes

@Roguelab Might* but those are done in a lab with every step scrutinized along the way and not in anyone’s home or garage, are they not? Might is a big if, when we already know that ethanol is effective, and much more studied. Talking about people with diseases and throwing a “might,” in there ain’t good enough when ethanol is so easy to source

2 Likes

Please read his first post
Things are as good as they can probably be
And you dare to sugest change well i don t to many unknowns
I pray for his daughter and wish him well

4 Likes

190 proof is all you need or really want. But I agree, if it’s working don’t change it.

3 Likes

I will give you a little more info, and see if you still feel the same about ISO.
We get weekly chimerism of her blood levels for the total blood, t-cells, and leukemia blasts. Twice a week we get a hepatic function panel that includes, albumin, bilirubin, indirect bilirubin, alkaline phosphate, ast, total protein with direct bilirubin value and alt value. We also check twice a week her sodium, potassium, chloride, carbon dioxide, glucose, bun, creatine, calcium, MAGNESIUM AND phosphorus. We also get a complete blood count (CBC) twice a week, which includes white blood count, red blood count, hemoglobin, hematocrit, MCV, MCH, MCHC, RDW, platelet count, MPV, BAND%, Segmented neutrophil%, lymphocyte, monocyte, basophils, her automated absolute neutrophil count, metamyelocyte and a few other things they sometimes come up on the test. So, to answer your question yes, we look at the liver function twice a week due to the drugs she takes. I understand the pharmacology of the CBD and drug interactions as how CBD can cause issues in the p450 enzyme group, specifically the cyp3a4 and cyp3a5 enzymes, which is where 60% of big pharma’s drugs are metabolized, I do look at drug interactions. The doctors are aware of the dosages and what I am doing and also watch for drug interactions. They have held off on one specific drug not to interfere with what is happening. Anyway, let me tell you how sick she was before administering this, it should take any doubt out of your mind that ISO is dangerous to a sick individual or maybe my daughter is just lucky.

when she was 5, she got cancer (Wilms tumor, subtype blastemal predominant), chemo 6 months, cancer goes away, a year later a relapse, 2 year in the hospital every third week for 5-6 days getting chemo. 1.5 years clear of cancer, the drug given caused secondary acute myeloid leukemia, look up the survival rates. Anyway, she had a bone marrow, cancer came back, another small dose of chemo, azacytidine, half-life 48 hours and residual effect 10-17 days, and cancer still there and her rates was dropping 21 days or so later. The first week of June she was scheduled to get a DLI (donor Leukocyte Infusion) and another round of azacytidine (chemo). She has a compromised immune system and is not allowed in public, she ended up with pneumonia. they cancelled the chemo, because her body could not handle the chemo after all the toxicity she already has been through and her being sick. The doctors sit me and her mother down and explained to us this was hard to treat and they told us they explained to us early on how difficult this was to treat. While her mother and the doctors had pretty much given up on her, I was busy learning to make RSO with ISO and had a plan. We started out THC only, but ended up with a specific mg 1:1 with a 7% terpene mix of specific terpenes. We started immediately the first week of June and her counts have raised every week and we are closing in on being healed. No chemo, no drugs, just one DLI (with minor GVHD kept in check by CBD, see Israel study) on June 5th. We know based on PubMed studies a DLI will not work alone. Anyway, I have lived with a sick 11-year-old girl that is immune deficient and experienced that. They were amazed how she came out of pneumonia and did not need oxygen therapy or anything to the lungs once she recovered. I have given her the RSO with ISO. So, I have tested it directly on cancer with capsules the way I make it and that is the true lab of the world, when you are facing death you will try what you think is best. I would love to have this lab tested, but we did not have time to wait on a tests, we had to go and go now, after positive results I had enough proof, but I would like to have it tested. I track every strain and every dose down to the grains (weight) put inside the capsules administered to her. I correlate the data with her tests.

Below are the results her major test, not all the others discussed.

Total blood, t-cells, leukemia
June 1, started small doses
June 3 69-15-97
June 13 91-28-99
June 17 96-33-99
June 23 94-55-99
May 2 95-67-99 (BMT)
May 8 96-72-99
May 15 96-77-100
May 22 96-84-99
June 1 97-91-99 (BMT), leukemia blast less the .01

There are her results of her test. I can remember if the total as cd99 or not. But the t cells are referred to as cd3 and leukemia cells are cd33. She had an unfavorable prognosis with a tp53 mutation, which is a whole different conversation. I personally find it hard to believe ISO is dangerous, because that is what I use to make her medicine and I promise you probably don’t know a child that has been as sick as her unless they died. So, ISO for sick people, I have my doubts about that being untrue. Now are there better options out there, that I cannot tell you. Is ethanol better for you than ISO, I don’t know. The biggest question between the two for me is ISO pulls more waxes and lipids and does that assist the thc and cbd for a higher absorption rate through the membrane walls, also does the chlorophyll help detoxification and improve red blood cells. People forget about those healing thing in the plant. Anyway it is working for my daughter, so ISO must not be too bad for you.

8 Likes

[quote=“Sparky75, post:12, topic:35511”]
lymphocyte
[/
Thank you for beeing so honest
Thank you for sharing hope to those in need
you keep dooing what you are dooing and don t give up
I wish i could have a 100 story s like yours but i don t
Yes i help many but yours is rare and special
Thank you for making my day argh my month my year :grin:
Keep it up and dm me any time for anything
Thx godspeed for i wish your family well

2 Likes

I’ve used 190 proof Organic cane ethanol, and 200 proof as well. Although the 190 is slightly more expensive than the 200, the flavor difference on the 190 compared to the 200 noticeably more pleasant. As far as extraction yield compared to ISO, I couldn’t tell you. I only use ISO for making isolates as of right now. But would definitely prefer ingesting the one made from Etho

1 Like

I would really love to see some results of ethanol versus ISO on concentrations. I can find any of that info. I am interesting in figuring out if the lipids (fats) pulled out during extraction act as a carrier through membrane walls providing more delivered thc/cbd, I would also love to know about Cholorophyll and it detoxificaiton and how it helps the red blood cells and system. Keeping the lipids and cholorphyll may be more beneficial than the argument people have over ISO and ethanol. Because we know ethanol pulls less lipids and cholorophyll, or that is what I understand. I have a feeling the lipids and Cholorophyll play a more important role when we talk about thc/cbd as medicine. I will keep researching, but if anyone has any good information, please sent it to me, I love to read.

I Just hope we can all figure out these unkowns to make this a better medicine so more families have a chance to save their loved ones.

2 Likes

I am on it my friend
Trust you me :fist_left:

1 Like

here i think is the big picture when looking at quality oil

1-max thc/cbd pulled from plant
2-how to carry the max thc/cbd through the membrane walls after ingesting. Currently claimed absorption I have read is 4-20% I carrier oil (fat) can possibly move it to 40-60%

copy and pasted this

Chlorophyll has shown potential as a cancer treatment in some tests conducted on animals: A 2015 review concluded that chlorophyllin might help prevent and slow cancer growth. A study from 2005 found that natural chlorophyll reduced the risk of colon cancer in rats

1 Like

Sir i am confident in your sinergy theory
And sad to say i don t focus enough on these side compounds that definatly matter
I am directly in contact with top notch research programs ( university of leiden) but the treuth is it s way beyond my knowlidge and a lot of info is still kept close to the chest
I will ask for hints :fist_left:

3 Likes

Agreed his questions are about chlorfyl and fats thou
We should get more bio chemists on board :grin:
I would sugest to all members to introduce them andbring them in that be nice

2 Likes

Yeah, I think chlorphyll and fat profile differences would be likely very negligible between the two. I think you’d only notice some differences in Sub-Zero extraction

1 Like