Rosin press go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

So i’ve seen a lot of bullshit discord channels and what have you giving really REALLY awful rosin advice - even basic rosin advice. To combat that i’m making a Telegram chat channel so we can just generally bullshit and talk shop without reddit level garbage happening. This isn’t a substitute for a consult (though I am :wink: ) but a good place to get your bearings, talk about things happening in the rosin industry and stack up new technology coming out with people using it hands-on.

Hope to see y’all there!

6 Likes

And I just stayed up until 6am reading all of it and taking notes… very grateful for all the insight and inspiring words. Big thanks to @ThePhilosopherStoned and @Ohio_Grassman_Hemp for sharing their knowledge as well. This thread has helped me more than y’all know

Been having trouble finding work in the industry lately and my motivation took a hit as a result. But reading through this thread has opened my eyes to new avenues I can pursue in my free time. No sense in only trying to work with BHO/extraction where I’m at right now… Time to grow & get to smashing.

Thanks for the inspo, everyone :v:

3 Likes

Also… Nintendo recommends screen-cheating as a viable tactic in the Super Mario Kart instruction manual :rofl:

11 Likes

I MEAN THEY MADE ODDJOB CAN YOU REALLY TRUST THEM!?!

Side note - Yo @Boomtownpharms join the chat bro!!!

11 Likes

Join the chat if you want to see me in a jason mask press some bags in a bit. Just sayin`

6 Likes

So that’s how you rosin guys are building the hype…

Noted.

11 Likes

Something something something handjobs

Actually the chat has been fun as fuck come on in bro! Even if you’re just ros-curious we’ll accept you

11 Likes

Was curious if you’ve tried running those through an SPD to clean up?

2 Likes

Don’t have one or the knowledge of how to use one but that does seem interesting to me

2 Likes

You asking about the terp fractions? I’ve seen them run into water clear fractions. Haven’t yet myself… the thca fraction is cakewalk for water clear d9…or purple d9 if you’re not familiar with the process lol

2 Likes

Good shit joining now @SubstituteCreature

The world is a better place when the sub is in town

2 Likes

Get one and I’ll come spd rodeo with you. I got the lasso and the cowboy hat :partying_face:

A little two liter would be fun to play with

2 Likes

I mean that was always a part of the plan!

I shall pay for that consult with mushrooms and video games

4 Likes

I do happen to have a little Rocco 2l set up collecting dust rn…

4 Likes

Hop in the chat and tell us about it! You’re more than welcome in bro!

2 Likes

Just a way more stoned one :wink:

Speaking of which it’s lung check time, get on chat and smoke em if ya got em!

3 Likes

Word of warning to all hash and rosin makers…

Dry your hash completely before pressing!

Otherwise you can end up with very good product becoming trash.

Had a batch turn sour on us and after tracing back the stages of the process had one of out techs admit to pressing moist bubble hash.

Had to pull the batch of almost 2 pounds. Could remediate and distill it or separate but that’s back burnered as that’s not our focus.

Remember if it’s not dust it’s likely not dry and needs more time in the freeze dryer.

This will have exceptions where the bubble is so oily that it’s pliable instead of fluffing into dust…but if it’s hard and not bendable it’s still wet. Go longer…there is a fine line of overdrying and starting to pull more terps so be diligent.

just figured I’d share to save others the losses.

8 Likes

I know a lot of ppl have cold rooms but that’s a big reason I had dry ice on hand to put under the tray while I was sifting. The dry ice would keep the ice that wasn’t pulled intact preventing it from melting into the sand.

3 Likes

Hell ya. Our room is only 50F but we have 3 dehumidifiers running non stop. And we wash 250-500 lbs a week with this batch being the first I’ve had an issue with.

Fortunately we quarantine a 10 gram sample of all bubble and rosin for recall root cause analysis. I’m able to visibly detect moisture but I sent 5 grams out for water activity analysis, mold, mycotoxins etc.

It passed as CAT3 4 weeks ago but it’s since devolved.

3 Likes

Wonder how often this issue goes unnoticed and ends up in the hands of consumers…(not from you, but from other Rosin companies/labs)

Idk the testing protocol I guess, are all companies testing again 4 weeks later?

4 Likes