Rosin Fractioning / Rosin Carts

Lol yea we may have posted it a few too many times! This is our first day on this website so just testing the waters

Good luck and get your Pancho ready because the trolls are cummin for ya

4 Likes

The overall goal is to give the rosin less viscosity so it flows and is suitable for rosin cart use. The alcohol removes solid fats and lipids so what’s left is only oily product.

However, we don’t recommend this method because it uses alcohol and defeats the purpose of a truly solventless rosin cart

1 Like

We got our rain coats ready lol

1 Like

Definitely appreciate all the humor in your reply. Made me laugh

In the article, we mention we don’t recommend doing the solvent method, but we just covered each way you can go about making them.

1 Like

fixed it for you…

8 Likes

Looks like a process put together by someone who has never done any of this but read about it.

5 Likes

@GutenbergPressing has some of the best quality rosin bags on the market very exciting to see them join 4200!

4 Likes

you posted links to it four times in your first couple of hrs here, but “don’t recommend it” ?!?

so it’s just about SEO?

Has the person who wrote that guide up, ever actually performed the procedures? it does not read as such.

Consistency-wise your goal is to produce a water-like flow that will be easily to fill vape carts with.

you repeatedly mention a “water like consistency”, if you’ve got that low a viscosity at 90F, you’ve added way too much diluent, or haven’t removed all your solvent. we fill our carts at 55-65C and the viscosity is still considerably higher than water (at fill temp).

maybe your water be thicc?

you also make no mention of decarb. you recommend performing it, but don’t mention it by name. any particular reason?

10 Likes

The only part I saw that wasn’t recommended was dumping random liquidizers in there otherwise I never saw any indication other than the forum post that adding high proof flammable alcohol shouldn’t be done?

1 Like

Hes gotta be drinking this stuff

7 Likes
  1. We are brand new to this website as of yesterday and posted it multiple times by accident. We were getting error messages posting comments initially and then all of them just loaded.

2. We cover cover all methods you can go about making rosin carts in the article. Even the ones we don’t recommend

3. The person who wrote the guide has made rosin carts. We also collaborate with people in the rosin industry on every article

4. No mention of decarb by name is an oversight on our part. Thanks for catching it!

…and the viscosity enhanced water y’all be comparing “cart ready” to?

using ALL the methods? (including ViscosityTM or it’s ilk?)

indeed… “just decarb it” doesn’t sound as fancy. gotta use that Jar Tek.

guess your collaborators missed it as well…

maybe present in rank order? they are NOT equal.

2 Likes

What ever you do, don’t add any terpenes to your final product…. Such a sad way to finish off some quality concentrates

I’m far from a professional but if I’m going to make a site that showcases what I believe to be quality techniques AND ALSO sell gear to do said work with then…

https://www.biomedcentral.com/getpublished/peer-review-process

that’s what THIS is…

or could be.

2 Likes

But where do you buy all the gear!?!?!?!?!

Need a bit of clarification. Are you the same person or are you simply affiliated with https://www.therosinberg.com/

The real question I have here lies in this link

The Rosinberg Press Equipment & Recommendations — The Rosinberg -

You have your stuff listed all over the equipment but they’re also affiliated with the RPNY company - which has ruthlessly ripped off pretty much every single company’s press on the market - I’ve actually spoken with a few different rosin press companies who were aware of the ripoffs and provided cease and desists. This is going back years now and is still continuing. I will not mention names for privacy reasons but hey, anyone who presses rosin can absolutely draw their own conclusion. These are companies full of great people who work hard to make a great product and these guys have been copying a large swath of them and has been called out several times across tons of subreddits and among other facebook groups and what have you.

You support those kind of companies? This is absolutely separate from the terps or solvent issue as this is just straight up IP theft.

1 Like

@GutenbergPressing send us sample bags. Myself, @SubstituteCreature and anyone else who presses shit tons of rosin regularly are equipped to provide honest feedback from a working environment.

5 Likes

314 posts were split to a new topic: Title? who needs a title

Thanks for the advice! We’ll adjust the article accordingly