Rooted cutting began to start losing leaves

I took some cuttings of my plants before throwing them into flower and 2/3 of them couldn’t look any healthier if they tried. Growing them in fresh Buildasoil 3.0 in my veg tent, but this one randomly began to show signs of burn

and it’s starting to spread upwards

My first instinct was soil PH so I checked that and it’s 6.4. I’m watering with RO water. Not spraying or feeding any nutrients as it’s already in living soil which I added mykos and azos to directly on the roots during transplant from the cloning dome.
Anyone have any helpful suggestions as to what the cause may be? I’m rather stumped and this is the only cutting I have of this trop cookies I hunted.

It’s worth adding i just watered them and flushed that one out with H2O2 since I wondered if it could be root rot.

Probably a weak cut and very sensitive to nutrients therefore burning, I can see a lot of irregular growth. My money is it just being stressed, potentially overwatered. Usually burning occurs during flowering but I would say step down the potency of whatever you’re feeding them by half and see what happens if you’ve covered your other bases

Defoliating the side-branch growths off of the bottoms of the branches will also allow more energy to be focused on the overall growth and leaf production - usually this will help a great deal.

1 Like

It’s not being fed anything at all. It’s in organically amended soil. It’s also only getting water 1x per week. Could it really just be a weak cutting?

Edit: I’ll also try out the defoliation of the lower growth and see how that helps.

If your only watering once per week something is wrong, when I grew organic they liked dry backs but you don’t want your soil to actually dry out completely.

What would be wrong? They don’t seem to want much more water. Like every 5 days tops.

that mix will get hot when you dont cook it long enough.

Im using the same stuff as an ammendment but i cook it first in a superduper duper soil mix then use that as an ammendment. and it still can get physically hot.

It’s been sitting since October, only put them into pots in January. Not to mention, the soil comes pre cooked. Internal temp is no longer elevated from microbial life.

I thought you said fresh meaning uncooked. ignore what i said. I use buida soil recipes but bought all the organics in 44 lb bags.

How would the soil getting dry cause these issues? And it’s common practice to prevent over watering to wait until the top inch dries completely as far as I can tell. Never had any issues like this doing that with the mother this cutting came from.

Ah lol yeah fresh as in not run yet so it should be fully amended. I bought a pallet of the yard bags and am working through them(also flowering a 4’x8’ soil bed in Buildasoil)

a couple more things- you cant flush soil with h202. That kills it and makes it inert and ruins it.

Send a sample for soil testing.

It kills the current organisms yes, but the people at Buildasoil themselves recommended it if I suspect rot. I can always water in compost extract and beneficial teas just like I do for my flowering plants and rebuild the ecosystem. I may need to water in mykos and azos again however.

1 Like

and you dont ph soil. you cant ammend the ph without fucking up. its prebought soil with all the right stuff theoretically. just feed it water that isnt way out of range. dont adjust the water .

To what end?

On my experience- I never get root rot but i run coco ammended.

I didn’t PH the soil. I said I checked the soil PH

I am not trying to argue with you. But what were you gonna do if its off? add lime maybe? I monitor my water ph sometimes because it can change a bit but its always ok. Im not gonna add ph up or down unless something strange happens in the water supply which happens sometimes.