Rooted cutting began to start losing leaves

the plant looks fine. dont overwater it, its a baby and needs almost no water. id pinch tops cage it down now to make the nodes grow out and youll get a sturdy plant. What was your planned date to put it into flower?

what tools do you use to check ph?

I would guess root rot and repot it again with half perlite. Peroxide doesn’t really work that well against pythium if it just comes right back, which is typical if the environment isn’t right. Look at the roots when you repot to see if they are brown and slimy. Root rot has a smell, too, reminds me of rotting potatoes.

I actually had to add liquid lime to my flower bed. Nukem ranked the soil ph to 5.0. Back up to 6.4 after 2 watering of Olympus up

Slurry test designed for testing soil PH

It’s been in that soil for well over a month. It’s 1/4 the size of the other cuttings I took and it’s visibly in bad shape. How can you say it looks fine? It’s literally got leaves dying off

Might rinse the soil out of the roots, cut off any brown roots, rinse in H2O2 and replant in fresh soil.

the way soil/organics works in an ideal way is the plant will exude stuff out its roots to make the organics available. When you adjust ph and stuff you ruin that whole thing.

these looked worse than yours. Its a weed itll grow out of the hot soil issue- Plant/ Flower pics - #3900 by thumper all those leaves dying should be about to be defoliated anyways. and then the nodes will burst up with new vegging leaves and branches. the fans do no good. Pluck the yellow ones off. stop watering for a week unless it gets super dry and droops. itll recover fine. also only use dechlorinated water running los.

like mixing distilled water in a cup of soil to test ph. Thats how i do it but i only do it when mixing. once plants are in soil i dont adjust ph. Like i was saying the plants exudate will work things out unless you start messing with it. Id compare it to feeding a kid a lemon- they will not like it but you dont adjust things to cure it. itll work itself out when they drool. Id trust the buildasoil mix but its just hot for a baby. if theres any issue you can control its the overwatering.

I’ve never heard anything about the plants exuding anything to make the nutrients available. Are you talking about the carbon exchange symbiosis that it shares with mycorrhizae?

I’m using RO water only already, and everything else looks amazing

Frankly if I lose the cutting I’ll be sad, but the other two cuttings that made it are the ones that cost me an arm and a leg to get my hands on

Toss that sick cut. Looks like Hplv or some other systemic infection.

If you need more plants cut off the healthy ones.
You will be glad you did.

1 Like

What I do when I take cuts is take twice as many as needed so you can take only the strongest ones, the rest look good.

1 Like

It looks nothing like HPLV from what I searched for, what makes you say this?

Yeah honestly I just didn’t feel like buying more rockwool cubes to root in and I had 3 left and took 3 cuttings. Lesson learned for sure

Ive been dealing with hplv since 2018. Did the original plants come from seed or clone?

The horizontal branching is a dead giveaway. I highly recommend tossing the 2 smallest plants if you are going to propagate those genetics

2 Likes

Came from seed, and the horizontal branching was 60% already there. Left that node on the cutting early on. What are other signs of HPLV in cannabis I should look for? That branching out has happened to other cuttings I’ve taken that had no issues just because of the node I chose for a cutting.

Also I’ve been careful about sterilizing my tools between grows too. Not sure where HPLV would’ve found it’s way in. None of my other plants have had this issue ever. I’m thinking it has to be weak cutting in too hot of soil for its food demands