Roll w/ the punches: Update! Roadtrip

Well, right before bed last night, I found out some horrible news.

SETX was getting some bad storms and we had a tornado touch down in my area where I own property and had my former grow. My dad went to check on my warehouse since the tornado was about a mile away, and upon arriving at my shop, he informed me that the tornado “had not touched on your land, but son, someone broke into your shop and your van and trailer is gone!”

To put in perspective, the van was hella tricked out and I’ve spent >$80,000 to make it a show van / all-terrian vehicle for my mountain trips. Flatbed car hauler was missing and they tore into the back of my metal building, and stole ALL the electrical all the way to the damn meter, meter of which was just laying on the ground. This was my old grow house, so 1/0 wiring and everything was expensive as hell.

Not only that, since I’m out of state and had no one checking on my land, they took their time dissembling 8 ideal air 3 ton units for the copper, and literally took some of my structure down for the wood.

I’m at a lost for words, I was just about to go down there and grab the van to take back to OKC to get finished. I’m down at the moment with dual inguinal hernias or I would be on the road now to see wtf all happened. I’ve sent pics of the van to @TheRunnery so he knows somewhat of what I’m going through.

I honestly hate a thief. And I can’t call the damn cops cause The property is out in the boonies and I still have some fragments of my past doings there, which now the thieves know what I was doing there.

I have surgery next week, and afterwards I’m down for 4 weeks for recovery. This year has been shaky for me, but now it’s turning into a real doozy. At least the tornado didnt fuck my building up more than what it is, and I still have a loving family I get to hold every night.

21 Likes

sounds like you’re dealing with a rarer breed of tweaker. A smart one. Now you see this isn’t the first time I dealt with these sum’ bitches. Gots rig up your place, have some tripwires tied to cans around the doors and a few claymores at the garage door.

the electrical wire being stolen was my first hint it was some tweakers, which again this is a rare breed. Some sneaky bastards… anywho im rambling but now you gotta add MORE wire but this time, rig it with 12000V so when they try to rip that wire out well, heh heh you can have a camera there to watch the fun

All seriousness though I think some tweakers got lucky and just stole your shit to maybe try and sell. The $80k truck/van though?

Have any idea at all who might have done it? No one you know is on the list yes? Like friends or business etc. you said its in the boonies too so that adds possibilities of someone with inside knowledge or backwoods tweakers with nothing to do… the wire is what makes me think this as who steals copper anymore?

Sorry to hear about this:/ i feel its at least once a month someone here has some shit stolen. Fucking ridiculous… all of it is like big shit to like blatantly big shit or hard shit to grab

Cops won’t do shit either so good call on that. Much as i hate to say that, cops won’t do shit in this scenario cept the basic

3 Likes

If you think that there is anything left of value, it may be worth putting up some trail cams and watching it for a few days. The thieves may come back?

8 Likes

Nobody on the forum knew. Hell, other than my dad and best friend/ worker, nobody knew about it. I built the double decker my self over a year and all electrical and plumbing and HVAC by yours truly. Definitely some hillbilly tweeker bitches who saw the grass probably hasn’t been cut = nobody goes out there. This isn’t my first $100k lost, but it is my first lost of that size outside the greenery scene.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly on the van. The bitch needed batteries to turn on and it has an 8” 4x4 lift on it on custom 24” wheels…. Someone had time, and they had balls.

My dad is going down the road, on the main stretch, to see if anyone has Ring doorbells that maybe caught a glimpse.

6 Likes

Is there anything left that they would come back for? Sounds like they worked at this over the course of days and might not know you found out what happened. Would hate for them to return to a bear trap or something more sinister

4 Likes

I’ve been there, homey. A lot of times, it’s a hard lesson you have to build back from. I wish you luck recovering what you can.

You might not be close enough to hear it, but you may make them fudge their Huggies if they come back.

8 Likes

All you gotta do is set some bait out homie. Catch em with their pants down… Out in the boonies…

4 Likes

sending some good karma your way… this suck and a lot of us been in similar situations… you will get it all back and some and those guys karma will eventually catch up with them…

sorry for this circumstance @Boomtownpharms

6 Likes

They took my guns and all. Only thing left is drywall and a 500 gallon tank. I’m praying my neighbors game cameras caught something on film. A vehicle description or anything. It has to be a big trailer or wrecker that took the van. The VIN has not showed up in any tow yards. Shitty situation.

As soon as I’m better, I’m going down there to mulch my whole property, clean the inside, and sell as-is. I’m fucking done with SETX. That swamp can kiss my ass.

If it’s not hurricanes taking out my entire crops, it’s some low life losers holding out for a come up.

3 Likes

Oof. You need to report those stolen to the state police. If they are used in a crime, it can implicate you.

They say the NICS system is deleted after 24 hours, but with data collection these days, I have seen it tied back with simply good detective work using something like gunsmithing logs.

FYI: I worked in a Class 3 custom firearms shop.

16 Likes

Option 1
Get someone out there to remove the incriminating evidence and call the authorities.
Option 2
We set them up and feed the local pigs.
I like Option 2.

17 Likes

Fucking seconded.

8 Likes

Sorry to read this @Boomtownpharms good luck with everything

5 Likes

Damn man sorry to see this, im sure nothing i can do but if so let me know. We use to have people camp overnight back in 2005-7 before the housing crash and gut whole finished houses i just did the punch list on. They took 4 tons of labradarite countertops and every ounce of copper.

3 Likes

hey joal check it out man look wat we foun!

wat ya find Danny?

LOTS of coppr’, some HVAC shit, and a van

What the hell Danny this is too much take it back

Tweakers really will do anything…

Close friend of mine in Wisconsin was talking to a local meth head who steals cars and decals them and does some shit to the title and hides them. The tweaker has like 12 cars and he didn’t care about the cops, he was worried about other tweakers looking to steal.

1 Like

My wishes out to you @Boomtownpharms seriously

They’re tweakers so they left some clues and definitely left a trail of some kind… try to find a place where they could’ve entered in/exited to make their getaway even if you can. Local law won’t care either they’ll just say “tweakers so not much we can do”

If you find any clues update us…

2 Likes

I get copper is expensive but why

Just why only copper

Theres much more than just copper available

3 Likes

Dads headed there now to clean up and call the cops. And to check the sourrounding neighborhood RING doorbell cameras

9 Likes

That was just one instance, they came once and took all the main underground wire for a whole subdivision, the next time they tried they didnt look to see if jt was connected. We found two charred guys cutting 1” aluminum cable into 2’ sections. They stole the crosswalk plates before tbey were rubber. No logic to crackheads, tweakers weren’t a thing really there or then

3 Likes

CUT IT CUT IT

man you sure?

YES

ZAP ZAP POP POP POOF FSHHHHHH

Poor bastards probably never thought they’d end up there in life… to then end up a charred mess. Man, just ignore wires