RFC: Right to be forgotten, or not

guys if we ever want to delete stuff we can just lock the old thread. attempt to bury it and start a new one like the true terpenes scandal! haha I kid I kidd @sidco

8 Likes

The best changes come from mistakes imo. That thread would go straight to the echo chamber (unlocked) if it happened today and a new thread could be made for people who wanted to stick to uploading data and relevant info on the subject.

optics came out bad on that one, but the point was to keep people talking about the science of the subject instead of shilling and bitching.

Criticism is always welcome!

1 Like

Bush yes. But don’t forget about Biden…

Who regularly claims the Patriot Act was his idea

5 Likes

Theres a false sense of security with VPNs.

Reminder we also dont block tor connections.

Elaborate

VPNs wouldnt stop this style of tracking. VPNs will only protect you from a listener in between you and the VPN provider, not from ISPs, phone providers or the VPN provider themselves.

Your cellphone is still connected to a cell tower and tracked regardless of VPN since it needs to be to function.

4 Likes

That is ridiculous.
The Government doesn’t track anyone.
Conspiracy theorist.

11 Likes

Wait, you guys told us if we just gave up a little bit of freedom, you would keep track of all those scary terrorists for us

5 Likes

“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” - Ben Franklin

8 Likes

Agreed

“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government
take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.” - Henry Ford

9 Likes

Henry Ford was a open Nazi and fascist, so if he ever said he wasn’t for government control, it’s a flat lie. And never did native americans ever ask the government to put them on reservations and “take care of them”. But it is fitting that a Nazi would see things through the lense that Indians are responsible for the genocides perpetrated on them, same as his German best bud would say in about Jews. Why are you trotting out racist statements by a man awarded for his services to Deutschland with the grand cross of the Nazis? As if you had something in common with him politically. I thought you were against government and some kind of anarchist/libertarian. The perspective of Ford and his murderous friends is the furthest thing from that position.

You think a man who literally used concentration camp slaves (link) for labor is some kind of champion of personal freedom???

4 Likes

Even without the title behind the quote the words ring true.

2 Likes

The words are a racist canard saying the reason native Americans are poor is because they “ask for handouts”. Did any native American ever say “please mister government official, ship me across the country to a reservation so i can get handouts”? Why would an evaluation like that ring true to you? I don’t think there is a native activist in the country who would say it rung true. The words alone should have seemed racist – the source only clinches it

3 Likes

There are tunnels under the ford rouge plant that lead way to henry fords home. So many of his employees did not like him he had to travel underground when he left his own building going home just to escape the hate. I didnt read this, my grandma knew the guy. I have been in the tunnels, they are huge. The guy did alot of innovation but alot of other things also…Henry ford really does have some beautiful property…

Almost like you completely skipped the entire thread prior.

The point was that the government lies. Control your outrage bud, I don’t idolize Ford, or even know that much about him. It was just a quote that seemed applicable

I was gonna hit it with a meme, but the quote popped up :man_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

It’s not just that it’s a quote by a Nazi, the whole point he is trying to make is based on that very ideology.

Native Americans lost 4 million square miles of stolen land to colonists. The plain Indians lost their whole food chain to colonists. Trail of tears – 4000 dead and a whole tribe robbed of everything they had.

Now none of those things happened because of them taking handouts. Those were all actions imposed with no consent. Would being stiff independent types who didn’t take handouts get them that land back? Of course not. Who was more independent and self sufficient than the native Americans before colonization? And i know you agree because I’ve seen you make this same point before and i know you have nothing but respect for natives and the original ways of life they lived.

So how does Ford see it that any of these problems are due to handouts? Well, Ford is a Nazi. He believes that it’s morally right for a strong race to destroy any weaker race they choose. To Ford, then, being on government stipends is a sign of the inherent weakness of the Indians. Therefore, projecting back, all those genocidal actions were justified as the strong defeating the weak.

2 Likes

The US government promised it would stop warring against the Natives if they moved to the reservations. Part of the deal was that the Natives would get food and money. The government defaulted on most every promise.

IE, don’t trust the government.

Just finished listening to this book, which goes balls deep into it from the Comanche view point.

They submitted to the US government once the weaponry was sufficient to defeat their mounted archery, combined with the elimination of their food. The last to submit did so after nearly starving to death

2 Likes

How anyone could take the don’t trust the government quote and go balls deep into a “fuck that” direction is beyond me on this forum…

2 Likes

I see this sentiment a lot, when in reality all of life is abstract, this forum is just a fair representation of it because we let most things fly here

2 Likes