RFC Revision History Grace Period now 10 seconds

How long is the time limit before your edits on a comment become public?

Has to be 5 min

No sign yet

edit

5 minutes.

1 Like

Is there a reason it’s not 0?

Just curious

Trying to catch Steve editing his posts in real time eh?

1 Like

It’s annoying that a post can be made to look stupid after you respond… then I have to respond to the response and it looks like it’s what he said in the first place. Not that I’m bothered or anything :smile:

2 Likes

Thats default. But I don’t see why it shouldn’t be 0 or 30 seconds for that matter.
Most quick changes are spelling corrections and not rethinking thoughts so there should be some grace to avoid excessive edit revisions.

I am also guilty of tacking on after I post so not a bad idea. Let me think on it and gather more comments. 15 seconds?

3 Likes

I definitely do the spelling correction but it’s a panic right after the post is submitted… 15 sec is fair for sure.

4 Likes

I’m sure most wont care and 5 minutes seem long for us since there is a lot of rapid convo here

4 Likes

Yeah, some people specifically edit posts to make responses from others seem stupid

2 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: off topic but funny post editing

Post changes now make a history revision within 10 seconds

3 Likes

:0 So I can hide a message and you’d have to read them all just to find it.

4 Likes

The little pencil icon is unobtrusive enough I think erring on the side of transparency is good.
Plus people should slow down, think about what they’re gonna say, and make their first post deliberately.

2 Likes

Yeah that is way easier to follow IMO.
Still open to suggestions !
Make that Novel, lets see how bad this can get.

1 Like

I just want what I pmd you about :slight_smile:

But this may suffice

I edit almost all of my posts.
usually to add links.
which take time to find.
especially on my phone.

sometimes I just don’t like the format…

then for spelling and grammar…which I often don’t notice until after someone likes it and I re-read the damn thing.

I liked the concept that the quick ones didn’t show.
willing to deal with y’all seeing exactly how often I make spelling mistakes.

wish more folks would go back and fix the auto-miscorrects their devices made. some posts are incredibly hard to decipher because of typos or “corrections”.

11 Likes

I’m with you on that opinion entirely.

I often go and scroll for a photo / link to add and that takes many times longer than 10 seconds. I’ll just pause on hitting reply right away or deal with my multi edited comments being a common thing

1 Like

Exactly. Editing is a requisite element of writing. Without editing the communication suffers, more posts must be added that are harder to follow. Bad idea.

Edit: I can still edit under the Fuhrer’s new plan, but it shows as an edit sooner?

Edit: Ok I get it. Seems, ahhhhh important. That’s the word I was looking for :wink:

Edit: Can we add a badge for more than 10 edits to a post?

Edit: Multiple Edits Show caring.

Edit: And caring is sharing.

3 Likes

Exactly. Edits still allowed, they just show up in the revision history faster. So we can all laugh at our spelling mistakes.

2 Likes

I am not a huge fan of this change, or the earlier change stopping you from deleting your own posts. What if you post something, realize it violated an NDA, and then you’re like “oh crap, got to take that down immediately”? You have over time removed every option for removing confidential info.

6 Likes