Results of our first WFE two pass disty

What’s up future! Just wanted to share the results of me and @densone first WFE two pass disty. Thanks to @Kingofthekush420 for all of your help and advice as well as the rest of this community. What do y’all think?

First Pass:

Second pass:

Edit: don’t mind the table reflection in the second pass photo

10 Likes

Beautiful

4 Likes

Looks quite good. Do you feel like the improvement from 1st to 2nd was significant?

3 Likes

@MagisterChemist For sure. I dabbed both passes. The high was equally as good, but after the second pass it tastes super clean and the color quality was a welcomed improvement. Also the smell was completely eliminated

1 Like

some little things we don’t like but all in all happy with outcome.

One of the things we figured out was feed rate and to know when you are flooding the jacket too hard. This was easier to spot on second pass than on first pass.

Awesome experience.

For the record we’ve never done SPD though we want to learn that too.

Items we are thinking about now

• rate of feed
  • making sure we wait long enough for all material to leave the condenser
  • capturing everything into software

I’m pricing out all new components that can output vacuum , temperature, feed, and wiper data the. writing an app that will be used to control it all on the laptop. I am also looking at writing another program that will monitor a video feed of the jacket to try and figure out the density of the oleoresin in the jacket. This can in turn help make an informed decision on whether to feed more or less material. Mostly goofing around. But whatever we make will be opensource with a bill of materials.

6 Likes

The less feed you have the more separation will occur. At the the same time you need enough feed to keep a uniformed separation. The 100 dollar question is how much Cannabinols you still have left in the residue. Your feed hopper is heated?

3 Likes

Which wfe do u use?

Feed hopper is heated. Great analysis too. We are actually going to run through the residue from all runs to see what we left behind until we get comfortable with feed speed and confident we are not wasting cannabinoids.

1 Like

We have the YHChem YMD-150 that we’re just getting started with. Check out the link below to see our machine

3 Likes

An easy but not 100% accurate way to tell does your residue smell like death? It will have a very foul smell as soon as you open the residue side and will be like that until it cools off… Also when your hopper is heated use a probe thermometer and check the top. The readings you get are from the bottom. Make sure your temps match before running.

2 Likes

@Rambo and I ran through the residue. Just a single pass and we’re shocked at the results. we definitely left some cannabinoids behind :joy:

We increased our jacket temp by 3 degrees too and the color is really neat. Virtually no smell either.

4 Likes