9 months on future 4200, went from buying oil and making carts to diving head first

@Rambo and I bought a yhchem to do some testing. Our first WFE. Thank’s to the support of this amazing community and other folks like @Kingofthekush420 & @Montroller. We are excited and learning every day and are looking forward to having it running this week.

We have been making software and hardware for 20 years and plan on distilling. We also plan on creating some cool automation tools(software and hardware) once we get engrossed into WFE. Anything we make will be opensource.

37 Likes

Thanks to everyone who posts here for all the knowledge we have gained. Looking forward to our first run and the endless amount of learning in the future

10 Likes

https://giphy.com/gifs/dosequisgifstotheworld-no-facepalm-smh-ADr35Z4TvATIc

17 Likes

Welcome @Rambo! You and @densone are getting ready to rock! Good luck!

3 Likes

Congratulations guys… Its awesome to see so many people making insane moves based on the knowledge of the forum. I know i wouldnt have tried distillation if not for the forum. I see you had much bigger goals in mind. LOL Good Luck and looking forward to the show!!!

15 Likes

We are looking to do the same. Could you give some insight on your dealings with yhchem thus far? I am going to ask for a quote this evening.

Thanks!

Bravo! Thank you @Future and @sidco for the forum. I love this community. I think we should win an award at MJ Biz. @sidco, tell us how!

11 Likes

Process was easy. We have a list of what’s not great on the yhchem. We did not buy the following.

1. vacuum pump
  2. diff pump
  3. feedpump

Instead we purchased:

1. Edwards 30 rebuilt
  2. waiting to buy an agilent
  3. Buying beaker and wrench feed pump from @Lilibel
  • Be ready to wait for shipping.
  • Packing was great, not a single issue
  • @Yhchem-distillation is very responsive
  • Make sure you have a forklift the day of delivery
  • be prepared to pay the tariff (DM me for tariff deets)

Will have more info once we get wifey running.

12 Likes

This is top notch info. I really appreciate your input!

6 Likes

Please contact me if you need the quotation, jason.cao@yuanhuai.com

I was just about to send a request. I will email you
Phil

@Yhchem-distillation is the man. he will take care of you

2 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

Goals! keep up the hard work.

3 Likes

First dry run we are sitting at 30 micron and going down still.

The biggest issue with getting the seal good was making sure the gaskets were nice and level. @Rambo went full ocd and it worked out well.

6 Likes

After lots of tiny adjustments to make sure the seals were perfect and a little bit of patience… we made it down to 19.8 micron. Progressing nicely!

6 Likes

Get at it! Nice work and keep us posted!

2 Likes

No shit guys. Keep killing it!!

3 Likes

@densone, did you and @Rambo put this together yourselves with the materials provided by YhCHem?

yess, but there are minor caveats along the way. Little bits and bobs. Need to run an extra plug. ychem manuals are in dire need of updating.

especially from unboxing to attaching wiper motor. metal clamp tightness (am I going to break the glass) .

We can assist you along the way

2 Likes