Researchers Say Vitamin E Likely Isn’t the Culprit in Vaping-Related Ailments

Cadmium doesnt naturally occur in teddy bear fabric noses. Also manufacturing stuffed animals shouldn’t involve soldering. China is known for doing shady things like this. It isn’t generally made knowledgeable to the public since certain things are better left unsaid(in the eyes of big corporations)

4 Likes

This is a good NBC news video just out. It tours vape battery and cart makers in China. The story goes over Juu suing 30 Chinese companies last year for counterfeiting and IP theft, and talks about a report from Chinese gov about how low quality batteries and hazardous substances are not uncommon in low cost products:

1 Like

Regarding cadmium, @anon93688 makes the astute point about its high melting point, above 700C:

I’ll go for door #3

2 Likes

I’m gunna say it’s the flower producers, not government and tobacco. The flower producers are the ones losing market share to carts.

The hippies did it.

3 Likes

Ehhh… I’m not so sure that matters.

“Concentrations of the metals, such as lead, in the aerosols increased with more voltage,” Williams said. “Concentrations of some elements—chromium, lead, and nickel—were high enough to be a health concern. We found the concentrations of chromium, copper, lead, nickel, and zinc exceeded the proposed permissible exposure limit from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.”

Edit: The boiling point of lead is 3180 F or 1749 C. Although the melting point is much lower, 327.5 C. Chromium has a mp of 1907 C.

3 Likes

Others may not be grateful, but I am. Thank you for taking the time to make a clean and organized post. I think it only adds to the discussion! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have had to break out the toxicology math on this one a lot recently. I have calculated it would take ~10 kg of distillate to give you a lethal dose of HCN from Myclobutanil, assuming 100% efficiency in conversion and absorption.

4 Likes

Cadmium hydroxide has a boiling point of 300°C/572°F

6 Likes

How concentrated are we calling the Mycobutanil in the distillate?

Would you mind sharing your math?

Does anyone out there think this could be related to extraction labs not fully winterizing there product? Can cannabis lipids cause lipoid pneumonia?

Bho isnt as winterized as distillate

Most carts are disty based vs bho

2 Likes

For VAPI, no. The Mayo Clinic didn’t find lipoid pneumoina.

1 Like

I agree. However Distillate can be produced using BHO, CO2 or EtOH and if not done correctly the two former solvents can pull a ton of lipids that go right into the distillate in SPD.

1 Like

sure does, that’s how you get the “green” fraction at 1st.

Most of us properly do a disty run and never see the green

Sorry to tag ya in, just ask @Betroit

I’m confused. Are you saying that plant lipids do or do not pass into distillate in SPD?

If they do, it’s super minimal. We are still trying to figure out the last 10% of a 90% labbtested distillate.

Bho is about 65%, what makes up the last 35%?

3 Likes

interesting watch on Netflix at the moment, ‘Rotten’ … first episode is to do with the honey from china being cut …

5 Likes

If a sealed vape cart is under vacuum after a drag. Wouldn’t that lower the boiling points of metals such as cadmium, lead and/or any other chemical?

1 Like

not that much. And vape carts do not experience intense vacuum.

2 Likes