Metals in vape tank aerosol

Is anyone familiar with these brands? I really want to switch to a metal free atomizer at this point. I know this was “tank style” carts or whatever, but, this must apply to any type of metal atomizer.

Gets worse every day.

1 Like

Ceramics?

2 Likes

Yeah, full-ceramic. Seems like the best option. I’d like to see some data on those too though.

1 Like

This study focuses only on “Tank Style” carts—so the typical vape cartridges used for cannabis products are not lumped in.

In my opinion, as long as you have a pure metal—something like 316L steel—and that’s the only thing that gets above the temperature threshold for releasing metal particulate, you ought to be okay?

Edit: ““These tank-style e-cigarettes operate at higher voltage and power, resulting in higher concentrations of metals, such as lead, nickel, iron, and copper, in their aerosols,”

316L Threshold Compositions:

No nickel, no lead.

1 Like

That means if the appropriate grade material is used in a conventional (low battery) vape, then you ought not release metals—and definitely not release lead and nickel, because they’re not present.

2 Likes

Fair enough, I don’t know as much as I’d like to about the composition of all of these different manufacturers’ cartridges. Time to start figuring all that out…

1 Like

I have 400 of @Ascent .5ml ceramics left. I can send out a few samples if you wanna test them.

Aboit to reorder 500-1000 more and stockpile

2 Likes

Worser and worser , every day

1 Like

You ought to ask for CoAs for their materials of construction.

Even companies in China have records of where things are coming from and where they’re going

1 Like

would definitely be interested in a few samples if the offer stands!

1 Like

That’d be amazing.

1 Like

I really find it amusing how people who put such a high value on clean meds will only test a cart if it’s free.

3 Likes

more than willing to buy any ceramic and/or quartz cart samples as well

In my case, I’ve been pushing for this kind of stuff internally where I work. The burden of proof falls on me to convince people that certain things are worth the expense. If I just have one of these carts and let them try it, the odds are better in my favor.

1 Like

Shoot me a dm and I’ll ship over

3 Likes