Rerunning bho

Hey everyone, i’m wondering if someone has any tips for rerunning/dewaxing bho. I have some badder from a couple months back that I pulled too many fats/waxes on, giving it a pretty undesirable color. Right now im debating scraping it out and mixing it up with my next run, or putting it in the column by itself

1 Like

Have you read through this yet?

1 Like

Hey thanks for the link. Definitely something to think about, though i’m wondering more about dewaxing than CRCing, and the pros/cons of doing it alone, or in the next batch of biomass

2 Likes

You can definatly put the mass in a column by itself and re dissolve into hydrocarbon.
Keep in mind your desired ratio of solute to solvent if passing through crc. Otherwise you can make it pretty thick and just recover as normal if no further treatment is nessessary.
Pack column, vac off system, introduce a warm solvent (I used room temp for re dissolve). I use the top rail on my system to open up the column, directly through the expansion chambers and use the Corken pump to vac the butane to where its boiling, to agitate the solution. The boiling can be controlled by feathering the swagelock connecting thr rail to the column. Normally I’ll get full re dissolve in 30 mins or so.
The volume will drop as you do this(boil off the solvent), so try to add more solvent to original level just before sending it over.
Smaller bits of mass will dissolve better than one big chunk.

Murphy Murri has some good tips on this somewhere around here. Have not had enough coffee for me to dig it up for you. But don’t put it in your material column unless you’ve got a heated jacket on it.

Oh hey, someone left a comment above while I was typing that. Right on.

3 Likes

you can dewax with the right magic dirt…which is currently the last post on the thread you were pointed to :shushing_face:

combining with your next batch of biomass will obsfucate your success (or failure)…if you wanna know if it worked well, then you should control as many variables as possible…

5 Likes

Check out Murphy Murri’s IG. She has a couple of different posts pertaining to this specifically.

2 Likes

I dissolve crude in 200 proof anhydrous ethanol, chill to at least -30c and run through a Büchner funnel to remove lipids. You could try pentane washing to make THCA crystals if the badder doesn’t have great terp content. You’re gonna lose terps rerunning anyways. Don’t winterize if you’d like to try the pentane method. Color could be due to water in your solvent, old trim, too long of a soak time, lots of other things. Would help to know more about what equipment is available to you and what your sops are. Good luck to ya.