Repairing yellowjacket vacuum gauge sensor?

Hey guys. I have a Yellowjacket 69075 digital vacuum gauge. Haven’t used it in awhile but today when I went to use it, I noticed the sensor and the metal plug piece just came apart. I don’t see any glue, and there are very slight crimping around the rim, but certainly nothing holding this together tightly. Before I buy one, can this be repaired and work right? There are 4 contacts that don’t look like they were soldered. Nor can I even tell which contact goes where. Any suggestions? They are pricey to replace

Looks like there might have been a board in between the two parts from the rust and markings on the metal. Just a guess

Hm. I don’t think it would’ve been possible for anything to fall out without me noticing. The pins line up perfectly with the contacts. But it doesn’t make sense that it wouldn’t atleast be soldered right? I see no signs of the pins being broken/snapped nor signs of any solder or anything.

2 Likes

no those pins are broken. you can see the metal sticking out of the green isolators you would need to solder them back together but thats going to be hard when its in closed off spot. you could solder wire leads to it just to see if it fixes it.

2 Likes

This would be my best guess for a match. The lead on the black part looks rounded, like it may have melted, vs the other three that look more like they were snapped or sheared. The circled wire/contact on the metal part is missing the green insulator or whatnot, and looks maybe a bit burnt.

Might be toast, by worth a shot. Test leads would be handy before committing with solder…

1 Like

Just spent the $78 and ordered a new sensor. Can’t win em all

2 Likes