Bullseye stopped displaying, any recommendations?

Hey, just came in to work this morning and my vaccum gauge is no longer displaying anything.

The backlight still works, but the LCD just doesn’t display anything. No error codes. Nothing. Just a blank backlit screen.

Anyone ever encounter this? I’ve tried unplugging things, mashing buttons. No luck.

Wondering if there’s some magic series of buttons that might fix things lol.

my first guess is it’s done something along the lines of this yellow jacket.

Repairing yellowjacket vacuum gauge sensor?

3 Likes

I figured I’d get an error display rather than just a blank screen if it was a sensor issue? Not really sure tho

3 Likes

You have pulled the batteries right?

12 Likes

NAVAC NMV1 Micron Vacuum Gauge Amazon.com

This gauge works okay if you need something quickly

Got er plugged into the wall

You sure there isn’t a set of mostly dead batteries in there too?

Have you beaten the poor thing recently?

Has the cable been treated in even a remotely respectful manner?

I too would expect an error message rather than a blank lcd.

The reason I ask about batteries is they are under the protective rubber shell, so they can go unnoticed by some…

…and LCDs without enough electrickey will often have piss poor contrast.

1 Like

Hmm, the backlight led me to believe otherwise. But I mean… might as well try lol.

1 Like

Once you get the outer shell off there will be screws…it’s currently incommunicado. Which might be a disconnected conductor you can locate.

It’s not like you’re gonna fuck it up too much more by exploring…

4 Likes

Mine does the same thing sometimes

I ended up having to put batteries in it again and it worked fine, took the batteries out and the cord was working again

Gremlins

7 Likes

Tried it out. No gremlins in the new batteries unfortunately

2 Likes

That sucks dude, maybe a pin on the micro usb charging cord went, try swapping cords, after that its going to have to come apart unfortunately

1 Like

I sent in a ticket to customer service.

Maybe they’ll send me a replacement for free.

“I’m dehydrating foods for our annual orphans camping trip, their little underloved bodies can’t handle the extra pack weight”

12 Likes

my old one did the same thing. I would just bang on it a couple times. sometimes you just gotta give equipment the love tap.

2 Likes

Wait a minute, I’m getting fucked here. How did I get two units and not a single plug? Here I’m living on AA batteries and you mofos can plug in to the wall?!?

4 Likes

Usb ?!?

2 Likes

Imma have to go in today just so I can check. I have two of these🤦‍♂️

1 Like

So without taking my stuff a part - they are pretty specific in their guide that the backlighting is separate from the gauge. So you could have the LED but not anything else.

There’s a decent list of things to check for on the website.

I’m assuming you have one that either connects via USB or has its own power supply. If you are connecting via USB - its possible its your USB and not your gauge. This has happened to me a lot USB ports not being designed to power things all the time…

If you have one that has its own power supply - its probably a connection inside between the CPU and power. You could open it up and take a look or send it for repairs. It could be between the CPU and the display - if you open it up should be pretty obvious with a multimeter where the electricity is not arriving. Of course - might void your warranty… or something like that. :wink:

Good luck and please let us all know how it gets fixed. <3

3 Likes

Thx, yeah I combed the website thoroughly. Changed usb base and micro usb cord.

I’ll try beating it into submission :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Explain nicely that if the beatings don’t work you will dissect it.

and follow through with it if it fails to comply.

3 Likes