Removing Gummies From Molds

You can store gelatin gummies in the freezer for years, if packaged correctly. I would not suggest doing it with sanded gummies, but you can.

2 Likes

I can now pop a tray of 140 discs in less than a minute.

1 Like

How? Does anyone find that they can’t properly sugar their gummies if they used an oil or demolding agent? They pop out great but getting sugar to stick becomes an issue.

No issues. It might be recipe. You can always wet the non tacky side of of the gummy before demolding

4 Likes

They look beautiful.

How much oil do you use on your molds before you deposit? Do you use MCT oil?

Are you making gelatine gummies? Because pectin want act that way. Id pay good money to figure out how to do that with pectin.

2 Likes

I’m making both pectin and gelatine ones

Coconut oil spray. I know guys that use pure mct in a pressurized spray bottle.

Idk, enough. About as much as you’d spray on a waffle iron. Maybe a bit less. But each cavity is coated.

1 Like

All my gummies from Heron Labs are pectin based and they use our MCT for the mold release. I don’t know any more about it than that, but it’s definitely achievable

1 Like

It’s a bag of mct inside of a pressurized spray bottle, called just mct or something Iike that. Easy to find on amazon

Cup Gun!
:spoon::spoon::spoon::spoon::spoon::spoon::spoon:
If you’re going that route.

2 Likes

Capol

I ordered a coating sample from a manufacter of them. They sent me 2L i’ve used like half of one in a year lol. The gummy coating works great at like .75% by weight.

1 Like