Removing Gummies From Molds

been making gummies for a while but we got these new molds and its a real bitch, Anyone have some tips or tricks for these smaller molds? I’m thinking corn starch may be an option. HELPPP. trying to make smaller CBN gummies. and the test batch of CBD ones is not coming out of the molds too easily. They come out but its cost prohibitive.

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 9.28.13 AM

What material is that made of?
Looks like its hard.

2 Likes

buy all molds from @darkcitymolds. they demold much easier and the quality of gummies are improved vastly!

theres no comparison of amazon molds or any other molds in my experience.

4 Likes

Do they have a website? Ive been using the same molds for a few years now but I remember paying like 150 a pop or something. Def interested in buying some new molds from these guys if they are halfway decent.

4 Likes
3 Likes

They are far more than halfway decent! 110% incredible!

Amazon vs dark city

7 Likes

That’s like an Expectation vs Reality meme!

5 Likes

absolutely or a guy she says not to worry about vs you. lol

3 Likes

Even with flexible silicon molds, we have to use spray pan release. Everything else leaves a residual flavor. It also helps the sugar/citric acid stick before curing.

3 Likes

this is what a buddy said

im trying to make 2.5 gram gummies how much do those weigh?

You doing a head to head too?

XD

I use Pam/spray cooking oil. Spray a lot on them and they slide right out

1 Like

Ya i guess this is the play. Seems gross but if you guys are doing it then im gonna try.

You just spray them all with pam?

which ones the dark city?

i guess all silicone molds this applies too

You spray after they are done drying? Or spray the mold before filling?

I would advise against using Pam unless you want yellowish-white bits of goop that look like yeasty vag discharge on your gummies.

4 Likes

I use professional “pan release” on the molds before pouring. Canola oil in PAM has a residual flavor.

6 Likes