Removing Gummies From Molds

Before filling

1 Like

I use different brand. I don’t have this issue

I wonder if the cooking spray was refined with solvents and crc lol

4 Likes

I don’t use that type of oil for gummies. Just showing how nasty that stuff is.

3 Likes

mine seem to release fine from amazon molds. They dont just drop out you push the mold a bit to get them out. I used to powder them with cornstarch but havent even been doing that.

thank you!

1 Like

I’ve seen it before. Yuck is all i have to say.

The propellant is probably what causes it it or its just color of it in general. Who knows.

1 Like

took me 7 minutes to release 100 gummies im trying to do thousands. not sustainable. mystery oil is not either tho

1 Like

Hmm, I think my molds release easy because they are shallow? Part of the reason I want better molds is that they are deeper? I got samples from vector I gotta test them. Id guess i release 400 gummy bears in a short time. I also use lots of gelatin for 10 grams bho approx. Ive done less but went by recipe this time= 5 packs of gelatin.= The gelatin smelled like a horses hoof after it stepped in shit. It was walmart brand. Hopefully no issues. I used sour patch blue raspberry and forgot to add the lor ann lemonade. Im testing the vector cube and slab samples they sent me for free- hint= ask and you will get a sample. enough to tell if its good, like 16 cubes
I also used my homogenizer the first time on gummies= first tester was minus bho and I homogenized the gelatin/ mct mix. It made a bit of foam and the whole thing turned opaque. I tried vaccing the foam and not really working.
So on he bho gummy run I homogenized half the water, bho, a bit of veg glycerin and the lecithin= prolly not mix the lecithin next time. so it mixed into a brown slurry cause of the lecithin. it mixed into the sour patch when heated enough. shouldnt hurt anything to use the homogenizer. next time I gotta get everything up to 170. I did a pour scrape but my sheets already warped a bit. I bought the good ones. may get a pieceog glass to pour on if I go to sheet molds

I don’t use Pam with gummies but I do spray the molds for hard candies. Normal Pam is Disgusting. Pam makes a coconut oil cooking spray which is nearly tasteless for you guys that are spraying your gummy molds

1 Like

The recipe I use has always released easy. I got the fancy mold= gummy in fridge, ill report on vector vs amazon.

I would almost consider canned coco oil spray, but why not buy a spray bottle, clean the f out of it and add your own mct oil? Ive never needed oil but we will see if deeper mold require a release agent.

Been using vector molds for a few months now. They pop right out. If you cool in the freezer then pull the silicone to the sides back and forth you can lay back in the pan gummy side down press and lift. Most will de-mold for you, the remaining pop out with ease. These molds have made gummy making a pleasure.

3 Likes

maybe you can try to chage molds, welcome attention to us ($80/mold), we can apply for free test samples mold for you, and order after you are satisfied. All existing molds here - #3 by silva2018

I switched to dark city molds and i just freeze them and they pop out with no sprays. still takes longer than the process of pouring and scraping but its manageable.

1 Like

Pectin or gelatin?

Gelatin

How are the gummies after you freeze and thaw them?

You can store gelatin gummies in the freezer for years, if packaged correctly. I would not suggest doing it with sanded gummies, but you can.

I can now pop a tray of 140 discs in less than a minute.

1 Like