Reliability, Professionalism, Ego, and Punctuality (why are people so unmotivated)

Remember there are really bad people out there. They are snakes.

They will steal from you.
They will steal from employer’s.
They will lie to advance.
They will steal from customers.
They will make things up about thier exposers.
Case in point. This guy who does meth, spends his baby’s money on meth prostitutes, bought cars and RVs and such on credit so when he defaults he can sell it for drug money.
Do you remember how many of you were too scared to talk out against him becusee of his following? This guy used to doctor up screen shots on his phone and post shooped images. Everything he made claims on were taught to him by his peers. Now even his wife doesn’t want him. Everyone gets what they deserve. The more sacrifices you make to benefit others the farther you get. The more you take from people without giving back, eventually you get sloppy and become exposed.

3 Likes

Your language patterns are quite telling!!!

1 Like

Punctuality is one valuable habit that requires zero skill or intelligence. Those who inherit the world are the ones who… show up on time. That’s it. It’s the largest problem in the industry. For some reason many think that the evils of the tobacco/pharma/etc industries got them to where they are. Nope - it’s because they’re punctual, hire and pay the best people, and are reliable. Or at least they used to be. If you execute those same traits, you can accomplish anything you want.

Countless times I’ve consulted on projects where the client brought in a big industry name who’s written acclaimed books, is publicly regarded as a leader in their respective domain, etc. Every single time they’ve just copy/pasted some obviously templatized garbage with numerous spelling errors and zero applicability to the specific project. I guess their strategy is to make a quick buck and pray nobody sues them?

Like, to make a truly successful company you need driven people with overlapping motivations. Those can be direct motivations (I want to create the best version of X product and deliver it to X) or indirect (I want to save the environment, improve my local economy, etc). My standards have lowered to “do a good job” which is still proving to be close to impossible.

8 Likes

There is many definitions and perceptions of success, as success means different things for different people, depending on your point of view, values, and ideas.
some people see Money as a form of success, and others don’t care too much about money, but they help others grow.
and to them, that is being successful

3 Likes

some people in the industry still haven’t caught on .
the “wild wild west days” are over
and you have to adapt to the new legal market and have
a different mindset. otherwise they will lose a lot of opportunities for their lack
of professionalism and discipline

2 Likes

I’ve never had trouble with my employees not showing up on time. Maybe it’s because I paid them more than minimum wage. I think you get what you pay for.

7 Likes

lol no they’re not

I’ve hired double PHDs for 6 figure salaries and I’ve hired guys from the labor pool that would have worked for lunch. This idea that people who get paid more work harder is a myth in my experience. Some people have work ethic and some don’t, it’s pretty much the same for every demographic. And if you tell me that you’d work harder if you were paid more, that means you’re not always giving it your all. That’s someone I don’t want working for me at any price.

Compensation should be based on the value that an employee provides. Paying them more doesn’t make them provide more value.

13 Likes

Well that wasn’t exactly my point. It’s not that paying someone more will make them work harder. It’s that offering higher wages attracts a higher class of applicant. If you’re underpaying someone, they’ll be constantly looking for a better job somewhere else and have no loyalty.

If it doesn’t line up with your experience, that’s fine – just saying what’s worked for me. I always hired at well above minimum wage even for laborer positions, I got a ton of applicants, and I was always able to pick someone good and reliable. That would be my advice. But if it doesn’t work for you, no need to do it. It’s not some universal law of physics.

8 Likes

its more than showing up on time for me :rofl:
you have to have DRIVE , motivation and ambition .

thats some REAL shit again

i’ve come accross people that ask for certain salaries but provide no value…
and barely do anything.
on the other hand you have someone with far more motivation that is willing to work for low pay,
they just want experience or knowledge, there is a difference in ego and mindset in those situations for sure.

but it all goes back to knowing your value but also being able to perform and deliver

1 Like

…we dont fuck around like this in Canada.

2 Likes

i may take “days off” but there is never a day that I don’t spend doing some kind of work. I may only be a retail shop manager that makes tincture and carts for the store but i want to accomplish more.

3 Likes

you are not ‘‘only a retail shop manager’’ you are a fucking player pimp.

DM me @RedundantAlexithymia

1 Like

I can appreciate that.
my pet peeve is when people don’t conduct business on the weekend.
WHAT KIND OF SHIT IS THAT!

business waits for no man

3 Likes

Not making any assumptions about yourself or the deals you were bringing, but just to be thinking critically…

One possibility, though probably not common, is that the deals presented were viewed with skepticism and turned down due to risk

I have been offered deals that were in the 7 figure range and after doing backround work on the deals and people involved it was determined to be too high risk and or was presented in a way which gave off very suspicious red flags.

If someone offers me a million dollar deal that seems to good to be true, I will turn it down.

If someone offers me a well planned million dollar deal with proper evidence and documentation that yields a probable outcome of success, and overall the presenter “comes correct”, then I would do what it it takes to seal it.

A lot of the “million dollar deal” presentations I’ve seen were only a half step above an MLM in how legitimate they seemed.

Just food for thought.

5 Likes

I assume you’re not talking about most LPs?

1 Like

I only work with industry licensed professionals, the deals were solid and legal.
the suppliers were unable to fulfill on their behalf, due to lack of ambition.
and desire to deliver.
nothing short of bad communication and no motivation

I work 365 days a yr. Even when I had 3x knee surgeries, I was in the garden on crutches that night.

Shit when my son was born, I was in the garden before delivery (c section).

1 Like

good shit.
that is TEGRITY right there
but there is people out there who call off when they have the shits. smh