Reintroducing Color After CRC

Kinda random question for you guys,

We have been using CRC on a lot of our products in order to reach a desired color, and an employee of mine asked me if it would be possible to reintroduce color back into a product.

So do you guys think that it would be possible using completely organic / non toxic coloring agents to reintroduce whatever color you want back into your oil post CRC? i.e making green oil for St. Patricks day specials.

Obviously the question of whether or not the coloring agent is still non toxic and safe for human consumption after combustion comes into play here.

Let me know what you guys think, or if anyone has tried this before what your results were.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Just a matter of time before people start making blue crc slabs haha
Breaking slabs lol

17 Likes

This is a new one. Some people canā€™t leave well enough alone lol.

8 Likes

Just dontā€¦
We already catch enough heat for clear. Green would blow peoples mind pussys straight out of the back of their head. Zero chance of understanding or listening to reason.

22 Likes

This is lol

5 Likes

The fat&lipid smokers definitely love to talk shit on crc

3 Likes

Just use less media and it will leave a little color

5 Likes

wouldnā€™t know if stuff like Brilliant Blue FCF will work to color with the low water levels in most end products.
Not a food scientist so donā€™t blame me if any lung problems come from it, as it can give allergic reactions to people with moderate asthma.

Technically you could be selective in what you remove to get certain colors.

7 Likes

the rosin crew is by far the worst at CRC shit talking from what Iā€™ve been seeing lol

8 Likes

Sadly, yes. Why canā€™t we all just get along? Assume positive intent, yā€™all! Itā€™s pot! I donā€™t think any of us is intentionally out to harm users of cannabis products, and aluminosilicate minerals are used to process (decolor, dewax) ALL vegetable oils and many other foods and drugs!
Iā€™m not sure why this was never an issue when we were just using the clay and DE and such for cake filter aids in Buchners, but put it inline with extraction and suddenly itā€™s toxic/carcinogenic/teratogenic/mutagenic?! I donā€™t think thatā€™s how it works. Just being unable to see it filtering does not make it more dangerous.

11 Likes

agreed. I recall seeing something on reddit recently where someone was bashing the technique saying that comparing this to edible industries such as wine and oils is useless because those products arenā€™t designed of inhalation. I chuckled for a good bit at that. They ended up revealing themselves as one of those who thinks rosin is superior to everything. I donā€™t get the hostility, you would think these keyboard warriors should be more chill if they were indeed dabbing concentrates as good as theyā€™re claiming.

1 Like

I been thinking about color for a long time now, but i have nvr considered introducing color to the product. Just sticking to the red and blue hue that naturally occurs. I believe i have it figured out but i havent tried my theory out yet. I believe latent oxidation is the dirrection i was going to go.

3 Likes

People like to act like theyā€™ve got better information than the next guy, it makes them feel special. Usually these are the same folks that tell you to ā€œdo your own researchā€.

Seems to be a large amount of wooks who act like that.

5 Likes

I was also going to do flavor matching to color., not introducing artificial flavor just matching strain profiles to color

1 Like

Run the same crc twice for some color

3 Likes

Haha aaand it has begunā€¦

I feel sorry for people who have to buy extracts lol.

6 Likes

Green shatter anyone?

1 Like

All you my man.

9 Likes