Refining and Purifying CO2 Terpenes

Good Morning 4200 gurus. Been lurking and reading for a few months, been in the business almost a year. Learned a lot from this forum, thanks. (interesting group of people in here).

Have had some success with extracting terpenes with CO2 extractor and winterizing, filtering and color remediating for blending for cart distillate. Also, playing with distilling refined terpenes to produce monoterpene and sesquiterpenes fractions for blending with raw extract to produce a cleaner terpene mix.

I would appreciate any opinions on options for getting more reliable (even remotely accurate and verifiable analysis) for research purposes. I am dealing with new state licensed laboratories that are not yet proficient (I am old school and expect qa/qc such as duplicates and spikes to validate results but obviously this is too much to ask for :roll_eyes:)

Our state has approved recreational and was wondering if that might open the possibility to procure analysis from more experienced environmental labs using broader profile standards like Restek or others, at least until I can aquire a GC and do it myself.

I would greatly appreciate your opinions.

4 Likes

Analysis requires standards, and most labs use a basic pack of 20-25 standards and so that is what they can analyze for.
If you want to test for more you’ll have to pay for it. Talk to whatever lab you’re using and see if they can accommodate you. Otherwise call them hemp terpenes and send them out of state to someone who can accommodate you.

4 Likes