“Refined live resin”

Hello! This is my first post here. I’ve seen a lot of controversy over raw gardens refined live resin Carts and was wondering if anyone had any info as to how they are made. Thank you for your time

There really are several ways to achieve what they are putting out. Possibly crc that has had the thca crashed out, the terpenes distilled off with a cold path or similar, the thca decarbed and recombined with the cannabinoids. Possibly crc that has the terpenes distilled off with a cold path or similar, the cannabinoid fraction distilled, then recombined. The test results for their “refined” diamonds are almost exclusively d9 and thca. The test results for their “refined” carts often include cbg, cbc, thcv, and Cbn. So the 2 processes are definitely very different. I’ve been asked this enough by custies that I’ve looked at quite a few coa’s.

4 Likes

I have always felt it was distiallte with 15% cannabis terps. On the packahing it says cannabis oil and cannabis terpenes. They do taste amazing though.

1 Like

Thank you for the knowledge. Medman certainly werent able to explain anything clearly. Most live resin i not clear and its fromnfresh frozen with the fats and lipids still in there.

1 Like

Their refined live resin is live resin decarbed enough so the thca doesn’t crash and the terps that escape during the decarb process are cold trapped and re introduced. They might also winterize and filter it before they do the process, I don’t know.

4 Likes

Something interesting I noticed is that all the diamonds my local store has from raw have exactly 2mg of cbg. All 4 options have exactly 2mg :thinking:

2 Likes

That’s extremely vague. Looking for more info. They claim there’s no distillation involved but they are clearly hiding something or they wouldn’t be so vague

@Terpntony is it that important to know their entire tech? Their end product is incredibly refined. If you enjoy a product that is that refined does it matter how they achieved it? We can achieve that level of refinement with various techniques, could be multiple stages of filtration, could be multi pass distillation or a combination of the two. The end result is a ultra refined product that is roughly 90% cannabinoids, 5% terpenes and 5% unidentified. The point is that we could make virtually identical products using distillation or filtration. The common denominator between the two would be cold pathing the terpenes to be able decarb or distill the cannabinoids without damaging the terpenes.

Or are you trying to reverse engineer to produce a similar product? If so there are many active consultants here that can help you with that.

3 Likes

No I’m just asking out of pure curiosity. From what i understand you can’t get that high of thc percentages without distillation but I could be wrong. Raw garden claims there is no distillation, so I’m curious if they are being honest or not.

1 Like

It’s actually fairly simple to achieve 99+% thca by growing thca crystals. I am no distillation expert, but the fact that there are some compounds in their carts that aren’t in their other products is interesting. None of the dabbable coa’s they post contain cbc, cbn, or thcv. These compounds are most likely being produced due to thc becoming hot somewhere in the process. They are most likely decarbing really hot or distilling for these compounds to be present.

4 Likes

You can have d9 without distillation. They are probably separating their terps, cooking the diamonds, distilling the terps, and homogenizing the output.

14 Likes

^^^ This is likely the right answer

2 Likes

“Refined” probably their way saying true 2nd stage dewax while running the BHO. By what the dude said at least

@qma got it for no sure if they not distilling

3 Likes

True Dewax meaning winterization?

1 Like

No 2nd solvent, inline during BHO.

1 Like

That’s a lot of work to do on fire product when they could just sell it. You’re probably on the right track but it’s product they can’t sell as normal sauce/diamonds, maybe even taking the extra sauce from other strains for flavoring.

2 Likes

because customer convenience. You cant cart stones

5 Likes

Or you can take a tip from @Dred_pirate and decarb your live resin with heat and pressure without ever growing diamonds…

5 Likes

Post removed