Recovery pump selection

@precisionnick YEAH!!! A dry oilless diaphragm based hydrocarbon pump! Sounds like our prayers have been answered :D:D:D:D:D

You guys really are one step ahead…

1 Like

If anyone has any more info or recommendations on recovery pumps, I’m also lookin to dump 11 CMEP-OL pumps and trade up for somethin better.

The CMEP-OL R600A pump has been a solid pump for under $2500, but the top ends need to be rebuilt within 200 hours or less (less for me). I f you don’t get the top end replaced fast enough, or before it starts to fail, the connectin rod bearings become compromised by the solvent and then leak PTFE grease into the system.
Now, parts for these CMEP-OL parts are out of stock. I can’t seem to locate many of the parts I need, which makes me think these pumps are droppin off or the manufacturer is not keepin up.

Lookin for a pump that will work good with a 5lb closed loop system, which runs isobutane.

Thanks gang,
Pyro

There really easy to rebuild. You can get rhe ceramic bearings off ebay for 20$. I uhave 4 and they have easy 40k lbs if gas thru them before rebuidling. Just my experience

Also check ecogeeen they have all parts in stock pkus with the liquid cooled radiators they work great for me and when i empty my tank i have tank i have anout 150# of gas out in the system at all times and i get a lb every 70 seconds

I appreciate the input.

I have 11 of these pumps in rotation and have been runnin them (6 at a time, 35hrs/week each) for about 3 years now. I rebuild all of them myself. They are very easy to rebuild. The downside is that other parts fail, such as heads, pistons, barrels, etc. EcoGreen Industries (the supplier for these pumps in some way) no longer has parts in stock. Over the course of the last 6 months or so, my orders have become limited to one- two- or just a few of certain items per order. Now, they have pert near nothin available.

If they can’t keep these parts in stock, I’ll have to source a new pump, which I’m currently tryin to prep for right now.

Pyro

1 Like

I have two Gen 1 pumps, seven Gen 2 pumps and two Gen 3 pumps. The Gen 3 pumps are the only ones without the onboard condenser.

I like the Gen 3 better, as there is more room to work on the gauge side head :smiley:

Pyro

1 Like

Ya i guess there bound ro phase them out eventually, my first three leaked right outta the box but the next four have been soldier’s. All i run is crude so hor and fast i get about a lb per 70 seconds with just melt ice. The liquid cooled radiators changed the game for those things i had, out an old chiller on there and now it hit the heat exchangers as a liquid i could probably get rid of them honestly

It’s really too bad what happened surrounding the vaporhawg and whatnot. I have a first edition shaft driven VH and I absolutely love it. Best pump we’ve ever used and we’ve been through them all besides the Haskel. Thousands of hours on the hawg without a rebuild.

Seems like Welch should be able to sell these pump heads to someone else besides PDX. Fuck, I’d love to just use their head and build my own drive and prefilter system. I think PDX does sell just the Welch heads, and I think they are exclusive to PDX, in this space anyway. I bet PDX doesn’t make a ton of money off the resale of just the pump heads so that might be an option for folks who want probably the best pump head out there without giving that dude Mr. Davies a bunch of extra money…

1 Like

Can you link those bearings? Has anyone ran with the stainless ones subzero offers?

The number that is on the side of the bearing is all tou need, that number is only for that size etc. thats how i found them, its a dedicated number for that size or rype or whatever. So if you can find them on a website zoom in and copy the number unkess you’ve already raken one apart. Theres a few tricks to doing it, if tear one apart hit me up and ill tell u the tricks

2 Likes

What exactly is the story behind the vappr hawg and its disappearance

I don’t have many details, I’m sure @Future may be able to shed more light on that than anyone, since he helped develop it originally.

3 Likes

@Future care to enlighten?

@Dannywarbucks do you not like the PDX gold? is there something better? 10K for a pump that seems better than the MVP and cheaper than the DP5000? have you ran one? just looking for some input. thinking about picking one or two up.

Why not passive

7 Likes

I love my vaporhawg.

Don’t like the guy who sells them now. Don’t give them any money, maybe someone better will come along and buy them out.

How much are they?

Around 10k.

I’m with you, I dont like to support dick heads. Is there a pump you would recommend instead of this one?

Don’t use one, you’ll go faster

6 Likes