Recovery pump questions

Forsure I’ll take one, it’s a regular coil both ports comin off the top but the coils aren’t wound tight

3.5 min for each lb. Other way around.

1 Like

I have a bizzybee now.

I use ln2 on my solvent tank when I recover. And my heat exchange is with lc02. With dual ½ (internal diameter) lines. They run to the solvent columns during recovery the columns are used as heatX and liquid draws into the storage tank.

And the gc5000 is the first and only pump that I’ll say that I like. Just because it’s quiet and not horribly slow like everything else.

I can’t wait to play with that corken that @c1d1labs has

7 Likes

Were saying the same thing lol

1 Like

No, he’s saying it’s going slow. Like, 0.3 lbs per min. Three and a half min. Per lb of isoButane.

Chit. You’re right I was apparently having a case of dyslexia.

Jesus.

2 Likes

Haha i do that all the time

Full on case of dipshititus. Haha.

Can’t wait for all this to clear up. The system will be waiting for you! @Dred_pirate

2 Likes

Bizzy designs some awesome machines.

Thanks for that info, super helpful. Dual ½” lines with ln2, no wonder you’re recovering so fast! That’s a great setup. I’ve been considering ln2 but haven’t tried it yet. I’m wondering if I can incorporate lc02 or ln2 as a booster for my chiller somehow.

Agreed on the GC. Pretty badass pump. Have fun playing with that Corken :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ln2 is fun. It’ll get much colder than you need. I get a 220L dewar for bout $100. I use it instead of dry ice on my holding tank.

3 Likes

Come play on ours anytime. You might get mad about what’s around it though :joy:

1 Like

We tried a plate heat exchanger just because it was lying around but I didn’t really like the results. I’m thinking an open-top double jacketed vessel with LN2 in the interior vessel. Chiller fluid in the jacket. Vacuum insulation for the outer jacket…just need to be careful not to freeze the chiller fluid. I can do an alcohol/LN2 or CO2 bath as well.

LOLLLLLLLzz. Im literally running 65+ lbs of gas and recovering PASSIVE in the same amount of time with just ICE. My tank is on ice and i have one 60ft coil which is also on ice. My system is set up for passive and active, but the only time i use my pump(cmep ol) is when i need it to get the system to vac down(the last 20 mins). I tried it all. Pumps no pumps…penis and vagina…this has been the best option so far and ive saved a ton since i dont have to buy 700+ lbs of dry ice every week. If i wasnt running crc i would be using dry ice tho for sure… but i hate running that cold…8==D~~:heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

You using straight n tane? I did this over winter with snow and water lol

1 Like

No hes using iso. He must have had a blown tf out pump if hes going the same speed using regular ice.

2 Likes

I would have said don’t even try it with iso due to BP, geuss I’m wrong

1 Like

That’s cheap! Gotta love those volume discounts.

I was thinking basically the same thing. I’m not planning on going crazy cold but definitely don’t want to freeze the chilling fluid. I’ll give this a shot and see how it works out.

Not too shabby. If recovery times are gonna be this slow, might as well skip the pump and the BS that comes with it.

I’ve used a tube and shell condenser, it worked marvelously. Which makes me want to play with one instead of using my solvent columns as heatX

1 Like

I just snagged a jacketed Exergy coil for solvent injection :cold_face:

5 Likes

Siiiick