Recovery pump questions

3.5 min per lb with isobutane? Whats wrong with your pump?
Are you using your tank as your condensor?
If so get a coil!
I do 1lb every 1.5 min without ever chilling my tank with a cmep. And that is with 404020. Straight iso should fly.

1 Like

Just got a corken pump. I’d use one of these or passive recovery

3 Likes

Who wouldnt use one of those haha im jelly.
How much was it

1 Like

More affordable than the dual MVP set up I was going to run haha :wink:

4 Likes

What are you getting per min with what. Solvent?

Just posted out of excitement. We just got the exchange approved via ExtractionTek. Shout out to Sean and Matt.

3 Likes

Is the ets condensor necessary to use it

We put a Huber 9 series on it. vroom vroom

3 Likes

Happy for you man. That pump is goals for alot of labs

3 Likes

1.5 minutes per lb without chilling your solvent tank? Wow. I have a coil but apparently it’s not staying cold enough…I’m just realizing that since I switched to iso, the chiller I’m using for the coil is underpowered. I’ll see what I can do to remedy that.

2 Likes

I use a dry ice slurry for my coil. And its only a single coil. Not sure why the cmep goes faster on the single coil. Atleast with a slurry

1 Like

Dry ice slurry makes sense. Though I don’t love dry ice due to the constant sublimation during storage. I have to restock way too often.

4 Likes

Story of my life

3 Likes

What size coils do you use?

Me? A single wrap 3/8" for recovery. Double for injection

2 Likes

Mine is a 3/8” double wrap, about 25’ long

1 Like

Word I have a double wrapped 3/8 also it’s huge tho I have to put it in a metal trash can. Thinking about swapping to a smaller one

Both my double and single coil fit in 5 gallon buckets.
I use a 10 gallon water jug from hd to put the slurry in.

Right this coils just goofy big it won’t even fit in the water jugs. I’ve ran smaller ones before just thought the bigger would be better

Post a pic im interested. I cant picture it

1 Like