Recovering into half full tank?

If you’re running smaller runs, your shit out of luck.

1 Like

I use a 50lb tank and use 30 to 35lbs per run passively. upon recovery set up a purge line off the tank. keep it open at the start of recovery. once you get good flow close it and it will start to pull vacuum from the cold tane flowing in i recover 35lbs in about 45 mins. only thing i use dry ice for is my condenser coil.

4 Likes

Thanks for all the info guys! I really appreciate it

Where are you guys getting these 3 port tanks? The 2 gas 1 liquid ones? I was assuming I could just open the 3rd port to release the N before recovery if the tank has been in dry ice and all the butane is liquid.

3 Likes

@Mr.kind Google “stainless steel solvent tank”

3 Likes

Could ask @Killa12345 to custom fabricate you one.

2 Likes

How much dry ice do you think you use on the coil to recover that 35lbs?

1 Like

probably like 50-60lbs.

1 Like

Have you tried tube-in-shell condenser?
What size coil are you using?
I would love to not have to di/iso my 25# solvent tank

don’t you need a chiller for a tube condenser?

1 Like

I suppose you do,
Or a diy slurry w pump?

1 Like

I’m running 2 tube in shell condensers with a di iso slurry

2 Likes

Glad y’all brought it up. How about a tube in shell, but have the shell slotted, drilled or removed altogether. Now add a dry ice sleeve. Would be a fun component for R/D.
Better yet. A vacuum jacket dry ice sleeve. Fun.

3 Likes

Or the old cooler w slurry and a temperature appropriate pump to circulate heat transfer fluid to your jacketed condenser,
quick search found this…

Yea, I’ve been looking for a pump and hose to circulate alcohol through a copper heat exchange coil submerged in my injection coil slurry. I like the blitchman riptide, but can’t get a solid answer on the impeller material.

1 Like

my coil is like 50ft. compared to using a chiller di/iso is fast always works and is cheap compared to the product your making and won’t ever break down. That’s how I view it. a lot of places deliver as well.

2 Likes

Yeah that would be pretty sick. I just wonder if it would be faster then the coil i’m currently using. I’m getting a custom double coil made now with the spool jacketed just to assist with insulation

3 Likes

I looked into doing this based on a design @TwistedStill was working on.

The iso in the slurry will froth and bubble up and over the jacket, this is why I stuck with a pump

2 Likes

So if recovering into a partially full tank do you still need to vacuum the atmosphere from the hose line of will having the recovery tank cold pull that for you?

If you’re setup allows you to vacuum lines then do it. An alternative is to setup recovery like usual but leave hose from collection slightly loose on one end so when you open valve on collection to start recovery some gas will shoot out forcing any oxygen out also. You then tighten hose and open valve on tank and recover like usual @CharlieMurphyyy

1 Like