Recommended reading/tutorials on fungus cultivation

Another vote for PF tek from the 1990s. Pressure cooker, vermiculite and organic rye flour, and humidity from wet perlite inside a clear rubbermaid tote. Those were the days…

8 Likes

Is it really that simple?

4 Likes

I don’t see why it wouldn’t be?

2 Likes

Lets just say they’re know to be one of the most rapidly colonizing and aggressive fungi naturally resistant and hearty to most problems . Easier to grow than any store bought mushroom . I’ve talked to people who swear by regular natural open air environments because nature isn’t sterile . Obviously you wont have as high of a success rate but thats just nature . I have seen and ate mushrooms grown more simply than anything even described here fresh off the cake ( only cause they’re was no poo only BRF and goodies lol ) it can be as simple as you want it . A 2 liter bottle with the lid cut off and single cake manually misted 1- 3 times per day with the lid crammed back on to makeshift seal lol . I had an epiphany and my life was forever changed from that moment on literally after eating that fresh mushroom off the cake and realizing how simple it was best mushroom trip of my life

5 Likes

Y’all think Hawaii would be a good environment for this?

5 Likes

Because ethanol picks up other stuff too.

Do you need to winterize?

Stuff will participate out. Fats/lipids? Also sugar?

1 Like

Not nearly as much shit in fungi as in bud. Structural components yes. Large amounts of stuff soluble in ethanol, no.

4 Likes

I love this forum. You are all fucking awesome.

Should there be a psychonautics section on the forum? I believe there should be…

8 Likes

Maybe not large amounts, but there aren’t large amounts of psilocybin either.

This dropped out of winterized shroom juice. I think it is sugar. Not psychoactive.

170 proof is supposed to work better than 190.

I think I read acetic acid works for extraction.

Water works well for extraction. Shroom tea. Mint tea to cover the flavor.

2 Likes

I’d be worried about recovery of acetic acid without hurting the structure of psilocybin
Maybe extract then cold crash and decant

1 Like

Could you elaborate on

190 proof ethanol with shrooms, heated then filtered. Then winterized and filtered. Coffee filter paper. Then just left in a freezer for a while…and those weird crystals grew.

2 Likes

Reminds me of my days picking up free trailers full of horse manure from Craigslist. Bring your own trailer and shovel. :joy::joy::joy: Good times. I feel some fungus coming on. Make sure you find the strain you love, that way the work is always worth it.

1 Like

Ethanol is a poor solvent for mushroom extraction.

5 Likes
3 Likes

That is the first book I bought on the subject.

2 Likes

What would you recommend?

I would recommend keeping it as simple as it is in that book. Everyone has reinvented the wheel since then, but it’s just more work.

3 Likes

Methanol works pretty well.

Dm me for the real selective solvent as you and @CuriousChemist22 get access to my knowledge for scaling :sunglasses:

8 Likes

If you want to read, this covers a few solvents

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/chemistry/psilocin

It would be nice to have a pure extract so you could know the dose, and reduce the mass.

If I just grind shrooms and put them in capsules, each “0” capsule is about .3 grams. A heavy dose can be 15+ capsules.

3 Likes