Recommended Lawyers

Greetings family,

Opening this thread in hope that we could build a resource for those in need. I was looking for recommendations for a hemp e-commerce/business lawyer and couldn’t easily find one.

Criminal Marijuana

Richard Ingram in Santa Rosa
Ben Rice in Santa Cruz

Please share any great cannabis lawyer recommendations…

4 Likes

Avvo.com is like Glassdoor for Attorneys.
Recommended. Depending retainer budget… I could recommend a few.

James R Gregory for Oregon.

3 Likes

MA + RI

Kevin Reddington $$$
John Calcagni $$
Christopher Gontarz $

4 Likes

I’m an attorney in the cannabis space and would love to help out the community in any way possible. My firm has a national presence and we service industry clients all over the country. Happy to chat more!

7 Likes

@Future This is an excellent idea and one I’m sure you could capitalize on. State to State attorney classifieds section?

5 Likes

Texas: David Sloan $$

Oregon: Lee Berger $$
Edgar Diaz $ (the kind law group)

1 Like

I think any good lawyer would not even begin convo for less than 25-50k retainer. The amount of work to do lawyering and bird law is fucking rediculous. If it’s not meticulous you can’t use it.

7 Likes

Vincente Sederberg: 10 $'s
Hoban Law: 9 $'s

1 Like

My recommendation would be to retain a good criminal defense attorney and then let that person make any recommendations regarding who the best lawyer specializing in cannabis legislation is in your state. Effective and valuable attorneys usually know each other by reputation.

9 Likes

I use Greenlight Law Group in Oregon.

1 Like

This cannot be understated.

1 Like

I would say the cost of criminal lawyers is outweighed instantly if you don’t have a proper business lawyer first.

Get your business, accounting, and paper in order with a business lawyer… Alot less work needs to be done when a criminal lawyers has to step in.

3 Likes

Never have i agreed more with anything you said. I knew from the start i would never be able to do that stuff correctly by myself.

1 Like

Not true. My cannabis team requires less than $25k for a retainer in most circumstances and we’ve been practicing in the space for 10+ years and have 800+ attorneys across the country.

2 Likes

If your lurking here for leads, I think your proving @spdking point.

Why would you automatically assume I’m lurking for leads? This is a fantastic forum with knowledgeable folks engaging in real conversation on the practical aspects of the industry. Lawyers should be participating here more than they do. I try to soak in and learn as much knowledge about the industry as I possibly can and when I can chime in with relevant information, I do.

The couple of firms mentioned above, the Hoban Law Group and Vincente Sederberg are both fantastic firms and pioneers in the industry. We work with Bob and are on various industry committees with attorneys at VS. I’m glad they are getting recognized.

6 Likes

Can you tell us something.

On a solid case where there’s work, not just paper pushing…and you know there’s 200-400 hours to a case…maybe even minus trial…

What would your retainer be and what would you expect monthly to sustain those hours on a year on a case to completion.

I guess spill your beans. I already know what partners and associates make and how the labor table is spread out so I’m open ears to your explanation.

3 Likes

Pot bros at law in Cali and don’t forget about STFU Fridays.

4 Likes

Forgive me for butting in, are we talking criminal here? 200-400hrs minus trial… If you are I’ve never heard of any case besides maybe federal that would consume that much time.

I like the way you laid out your questions to him just curious what form of law we are referring too.

1 Like

They are truly entertaining just can’t watch it on repeat. I’m keeping it funny.

2 Likes