Recarboxylation Method: CBDA, CBGA Converted cannabinoids method

It’s gona have to or your claiming at NO time from harvest to end product any solvent is used ?
That would be incredible

@cyclopath maybe you could give an explanation of when enzymes can or should be implemented and what the overal proces will look like
I mean you ll need cbd as starting material correct I mean on biomass makes no sense
And as we all know all extraction methods
Need a flammable solvent at one time or another so where is the gain
Is there an 99% expected yield ?
Thx
Idiot # 1

3 Likes

Lol at this guy. I only went back to school because the Grateful Dead stopped touring when Jerry died. So I got my pieces of paper not because it was my dream or because I wanted to be superior but because I genuinely didn’t have anything more interesting to do with my life. Now I have kids, and I make good money extracting the plant I have loved most of my life, and I get to laugh at autofellatory asswipes on the interwebs to boot.

living the dream…

8 Likes

Pretty strong sales pitch you have there. Too bad you wasted all that time in college instead of getting some real world experience in some basic business and communication skills.

15 Likes

And the vast majority of the members here are not in the gang. Nobody pays to advertise their SOPs here. You are more than welcome to continue with your unique sales approach free of charge

10 Likes

As an academic (2 1/2 years of PhD level research in protein engineering and protein x-ray crystallography on top of my actual degree - I had a badge to access Argonne National Lab’s APS beamline 24/7 when I was in Illinois) and subsequent extensive work developing analytical methods and formulations in the pharmaceutical and public health pesticide industry post academia, I think it’s a bit ridiculous to claim your degree holds any weight at all. I’ve personally learned a lot more on my own in the private sector than I ever did taking coursework at university.

I probably need more than both hands to count the number of PhD’s I’ve worked with who are dumb as rocks anywhere outside of text books and theory - good luck getting them to contribute in any way to actual science and lab work or putting that knowledge to practical application and executing on it.

And with all this in mind, there’s a significant amount of knowledge on this forum that I’m still learning from others - many of whom I’m sure don’t have extensive university coursework but have learned through trial and error and hard work.

Furthermore - you do realize that I don’t need that equipment myself right? I have access to NMR, prep chromatography, molecular biology equipment/techniques all at my disposal by just going to a University that I have a relationship with and leveraging their equipment. This also goes for many other people. As someone from academia, I’m surprised you overlooked all of the work that academia and the private sector do together in collaboration and assume that nobody has access to this level of equipment without having to actually own it…

16 Likes

Thx for the kind words
Idiot #1😁

10 Likes

I’m sure some of my own idiotic stories of trial and error in a lab would be comparable, so I’m happy to be idiot#2 :).

7 Likes

I’m easily in the bottom half of the idiot list, especially when it comes to chemistry. The fact that I’ve made it as far as I have in the space is a testament to the fact that I’ve failed and learned a ridiculous amount of times, and that there is a strong relationship between uneducated risk takers and highly educated people who were necessarily risk adverse. This was almost exclusively the case up until federal legalization of hemp recently.

If I spent $100s of thousands of dollars and a better part of a decade of my life to become a PhD level academic, I surely wouldn’t have risked my professional career in trap lab.

Things have changed a lot in the past couple years, and I for one am extremely pleased that properly trained chemists are the ones who are now pushing the boundaries of cannabis processing.

That was a huge impetus to start this forum

12 Likes

COAS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN.

Proof is in the puddin’

I would like more of a description to begin to understand how this process works.

My NDA to you @Co2purist:
I promise I won’t explain it to anyone else, but if I do, Ill have them promise me they won’t tell anyone else. All is well.

3 Likes

@moronnabis…need I say more…
No!
CO2 purist/recarb-boy…
Marijuana was a 0.5 “Billion “ dollar a year business prior to ever becoming legal.
If your process was really needed and profitable why are you not toll processing?
‘Are you just doing the industry a favor…trolling instead of tolling?

Three degrees of separation: anyone out there know anyone using this technology to make money? Please advise.

How about:
Do not decarb until you have a CBD order, prepaid.
That solves the “problem”.

Best regards,

The best of teks

I’m overdue some office work for the day.

Yall have a good one.

2 Likes

Idk why but this thread reminded me of this exchange. Replace potions with enzymes.

resident-evil-merchant

2 Likes

1995 called, wants its shitty term back

1 Like

CO2Purist is an oxymoron like RSO-enthusiast

Sure, some people use it, but its usually because they have to.

1 Like

Biochemistry degree.

You find an enzyme then try to retrofit it.
I’m looking at ordering custom plasmids which are ridiculously inexpensive nowadays.

If someone is serious they should hire you for what your salary is worth then share royalties.
Your salary is likely not 1 million and without sales there’s no reason to spend that much.

1 Like

Nah, one doesn’t have to be a biophysicist. Molecular biologists also get to play…and essentially anyone can order up the required DNA constructs.

With a little motivation one can use CRISPR in their garage these days.

Screening for/selecting for/or engineering based on computer modeling are non-trivial, but not high cost.

7 Likes