Re-Use your fritted tubes for diamond/ sauce seperation

So being more annoyed than anything waiting for new set of fitted tubes for my centrifuge I decided to take the frits out, pulled out filter paper and replaced with stainless steel 5um mesh (purchased on ebay).

simply cut the mesh to the size of the frit, pop the stainless steel mesh in, throw the plastic piece back in ontop of your mesh and your good to go! sauce is filtered much faster than with the original filter paper below are some pics of the process, any questions just ask!

9 Likes

I just sonicate them in ethanol. I know most people don’t have access to a sonicator but ethanol soak should do the trick.

2 Likes

I think @Dred_pirate just using 25um rosin bags and getting good results too.

Fold the bag over the tube, fill er up, and cap it.

10 Likes

Correct. I am also going to try 15um too.

10 Likes

I gotta bunch of these tubes, but I’m gonna try it once the filters are toast.

1 Like

15um only worked on really defined crystals, if ur sauce has alittle more d9 than youd like or if it hasnt quite solidified, its gonna just be annoying.
But if u got some defined crystals rice grain or bigger, try 25 first then 15 um. Tbh i didnt see a need for thr 15, and actually am curious to start trying bigger sizes like 50 um.

7 Likes

A fine mesh baking sifter works just fine you can even get the sink drain style ones that fit inside a mason jar lid & make a dual jarred setup to minimize exsposure

1 Like

Thca still makes it through the 25 micron. I’ve seen it seperate in the test tube right as I’ve take it out of the centrifuge

3 Likes

The results are not even in the same ball park using this:

compared to a centrifuge.

3 Likes

No doubt, I’d rather centrifuge all day, but someone who can’t afford a table top one can use this & a rope if they got enough balls haha jar pun

2 Likes

That’s how all the rosin boys make mechanically separated thca, press in intervals of 5 minutes from 60f -90f you’ll remove all terps & be stuck with thca rosin

3 Likes

You mean like this?

And I start around 90f then every 10 min I jump up 5-10 degree to about 160ish

13 Likes

Yesssssuhrrrr, haha I’ve done it a handful of times but I always start at 60 & increase 5-10 psi each time too till I end up maxed out & at 135 highest is what Is what I’d hit, any more wasn’t needed imo

3 Likes

I could probably do it with less heat, but I too. It did seem by 140-50 I wasn’t get much else. But it was pretty smooshed and works well.

2 Likes

Man either I need to move to Phoenix & start with Anthony or get in Cali already :joy: I cant wait for a sesh, I’m gonna head stash some hash rosin off this harvest & make some sauce

1 Like

with the right diameter that looks like it could be better than the plastic inserts.

also just a general share if anyone is interested, look into ptfe centrifuge tubes with caps, they make em up to 100ml and are on ebay/aliexpress type sites.

4 Likes

He’s down here in Tucson too

1 Like

Yeahhh I already hit him up months ago, he told me he didn’t want me driving 5 hrs a day I told him I already drive 4 a day what’s 1 more to work for a wayyyyyy better company :joy: plus my wife would get to see her family down there & my daughter loves the family ranch there too.

1 Like

You live in Tucson?

I’m moving to the Valley this fall.

1 Like

I’m down here now. I just moved from phx, too.

3 Likes