Racked ... no stacked and strapped ( to a tree or the support beam on my porch )

Item: 5 lb closed loop

Price: 3000

Not really interested In selling it , more interested in annoying everyone from my last thread ,but if someone wants to drive up to central maine 3 grand will take it .All parts are brand new besides the crc components and the ball valve ( took them off a old system that had about 15 runs of use ) . My collection chamber is barely big enough ( supposed to be a 25 lber but I think it’s more like 20lb ) and it’s actually just a solvent tank with site glasses . You can open the tri clamp top to pour out ur thc/solvent or use the bottom fed 1/4 inch port valve connected to a vacuumed container to suck out the solvent . Comes with two solvent tanks ( that are meant to be used as solvent tanks ) both are 20 lb but one is a sanitary tank and one is a refrigerant recovery tank . The refrigerant tank is meant to be on stand by to keep topping off the sanitary solvent tank . Material column is jacketed for de wax , 8x 36 inch with a 8 inch filter plate . Ball valve directly under the material column and over the crc . I have a gauge and a prv coming for material column end cap that will be installed and a prv coming for the collection tank ( already ordered and received prvs but lost them :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:) . Prvs will be set to 75psi, system is only meant for n butane. Mainly shop bvv steel, a few small denord pieces in my crc . Let the hating begin :+1::blush:

You gonna run 20 lbs of solvent through an 8x36 material column?

Damn boi…trap house special right here.

9 Likes

:person_facepalming: this would be not a joy to run.

5 Likes

When ur on the grind u gotta look at it optimistically , maybe I’ll run solvent twice so the first batch will be extra fire shatter /batter , second batch i can use to crash or for edibles … or maybe I’ll get another sanitary solvent tank and collection tank in the future and just double up and rack it … my dyi Home Depot parts bolted rack is in the works next !

U gotta use ur muscles ! Had to work out for a couple days before I could comfortably remove and re attach the material column lol

1 Like

This seems safe. I’ve always loved the idea of team lift extractors.

3 Likes

Not team lift , but not woman lift either

Man lift

I’m picturing 2 or 3 minions lifting it and hitting the ceiling

4 Likes

I’m not hating I’m just concerned. There is no room for error in this field and if that thing tips over you’re fucked

9 Likes

Yeah. I’m sure any human will be able to solo lift your 100lb unit… especially when you have the extra 30lbs of shit inside it… straight up, and straight down, so you don’t put too much tension on that huge ball valve triclamp.

I am hating, because that’s not how one works smarter. You’re going to get someone hurt, and waste a lot of good end product while you do it.

3 Likes

i strap it to the support beam on my front porch so Because u are definitely right , if u knock it over while it’s full of gas the is no bueno . I plan to strap it to my porches support beam incase something happens and it get knocked into or someone trips on the hoses … racked is safer no doubt but Tesla’s are safer than kia fortre’s … I plan on racking as soon as I get the extra cash for safety , just like a plan on buying a Tesla as soon as I can afford it for safety

1 Like

Mount it and run a hose. Like you said “work smart”

4 Likes

Lift the whole unit ? No I could never … I just unbolt the material column and lift that off to re pack . Material column is probably 60 ish pounds ? Haven’t weighed it but I’m 5ft 9 165 and I lift it so I think it’s reasonable

I plan to ! Just waiting on the extra cash to do a dyi build or buy one

1 Like

So for your hot and cold collection steps? Or are to just running hot the whole time?

Dude he has to keep it like this so he gets the gravity boost! You should see when he flips the solvent tank upside down and clamps it to the top of the material column, this thing is like a stainless sky scraper!

4 Likes

Why is this death trap in the classifieds?

10 Likes