R134a crude extract into diamonds/high value products?

I didn’t, and would have NEVER chosen this machine.

I’m consulting for a company and trying to find a way to help them without a complete overhaul. I apologize I can’t post pictures right now. It’s about a 9x9 skid that has a solvent vessel, extraction vessel, and oil recovery vessel that are connected in a continuous closed loop system.

1 Like

Thanks. I share your skepticism. the analytics will tell me a lot.

1 Like

Isn’t something flouro-anything a halogenated hydrocarbon? Is that not something ya don’t want to be using for any products that you don’t work up afterwards? L2L separation to grab the nasties…
Just wondering, I recall that from another research venture

1 Like

TFE (R134a) in the presence of water and heat can form HF, extremely toxic. Luckily, given the boiling point of TFE, some vacuum and heat removes residual solvent to the point where there isn’t a health concern.

2 Likes

I am curious to learn more about L2L separations for other projects, though.

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks for the links but I’ve already read through all of the related material on the forum.

2 Likes

I’m not trying to be an asshole when I ask;

Then why did you make this thread if you have read all the related material which I’m sure say use ethanol to remove the bs and then make disty…

I wanted to see if anyone knows of alternative methods. Obviously winterization with ethanol followed by distillation is a well known option for crude.

Can you just run a hydrocarbon through the system and eliminate the junk solvent lol

Like how much different is this system than A standard cls?

2 Likes

unfortunately not easily, at least :confused: the system is so automated and overengineered that changing solvents isn’t (easily) possible. The process runs at around 60F, just getting cold enough to run hydrocarbons would probably require beefing up the refrigeration capacity significantly.

2 Likes

What do extracts form the pure5 look like

Pics?

If you want to make diamonds get it to nucleate and throw in a fuge

He posted a pic

I can’t speak for the pure5, but heres some extract I made recently with my clients system

Not the best pic but gives you an idea.

4 Likes

Shoot, you can even see the system in the background lol.

Sell it and get a hydrocarbon system.

4 Likes

Not sure why your client is so worried about showing the setup. I highly doubt anyone knowledgeable on extraction would want to copy it.
Maybe they should ask themselves what’s the advantage of running R134a verse hydrocarbons? I cannot think of any but I have never ran 134a. I have run many different hydrocarbon blends though. I would look into converting it to hydrocarbons if they do not want to sell and start over.

1 Like

Probably embarrassed

4 Likes

How much material and how long did it take to make that, including decarb?

1 Like