Question RE: CAT X1000D

Anyone else want to sell a cat x1000?

Lots of people in this group have mentioned vacuum purging one’s distillate to minimize oxidation. Homogenization will definitely pull oxygen into you product. For this reason it is best to find a homogenization speed that both meets your needs and minimizes rpm of the homogenizer.

All that said, I would definitely not advise a vacuum purge after adding terpenes… for obvious reasons.

1 Like

My purchase took 5-6 weeks to arrive, but everything worked out well overall. The X1740 is an absolute BEAST!

3 Likes

Ive used a microwave and a milk frother for the longest time. Even after months of sitting in a drawer they dont turn dark or anythinf

1 Like

does the milk frother work well? first I’ve heard of using that

It does work very well for me, its funny cause ive never heard of anyone using them but they work wonders. Distillate has to be hot, then add terps and hit with the frother for a few minutes. I use two as a time in a liter mason jar. I am looking into a homogenzier…

…but im clueless on how people use magnetic stirrers for big mixing jobs…

1 Like

mag stirrer is feasible if you keep it to small batches. I usually run 20-50mL per flavor on it. uniformity is not great though.

whats the smallest you’ve ever done with the frother?

1 Like

Anyone in the US selling an X1000D with G20 probe? Lightly used is fine.

Second that, still lookkng

I’m also looking for an X1000D or an X1740! Located in the Bay area and can pick up ASAP.

These seem hard to get. Do we all have tunnel vision?

Would other brands/models work well?

The cats are only special because they are sealed

3 Likes

They are based in the UK and say they do not ship to the US usually, I am trying to change that. They will put me in touch with headquarters in Germany about the buckled shaft.

I’ll report back when I hear more.

1 Like

Bump, would prefer not to wait 4+ weeks for delivery

I’m following as well, let me know if you hear anything. Thanks!

Order from rosesci they are located in the US but they’re 2x the price from cat-ing.de

@SISU

Just got a used one around a week ago, luckily avoided them.

Is CAT only willing to give out 1 distributorship for NA or something? I’d definitely consider filling a spot if they were open to it.

I reached out to them a few weeks back and we should be adding a bunch of their products to our website soon. If you need to order anything in the mean time just shoot me a part number.

4 Likes

Noticed you have CAT products on your site now but you don’t list the x1000, only the x1000D. Can you get x1000’s?

Glad someone state side has these other then rose scientific. Any coupon code for future4200 members?

2 Likes

Any specifics or recommendations on a wine sealer system that works easy/well for jars/beakers?

Thanks!

1 Like