Question RE: CAT X1000D

wondering what it was you had better luck with

even though @qma is less than 15 mins away. If anyone else has a x1000d for sale…id take it

1 Like

Same except for qma being nearby

1 Like

I am getting a quote from rose scientific so I will update here with what price I get quoted in case anyone is curious.

1 Like

Apologies is this topic is getting a little stale. I am also in the market for a x1000d and g20 probe. I have found the generator for sale online (scientific solutions) but I can’t for the life of me find g20 shafts regardless of what I search for in google. It is honestly making me question my google-fu.

Help?

You can buy direct from
CAT now, Someone posted the link awhile ago it’s like cat.ing.de or something

Has anyone tried getting in contact tho?

Their contact form is broken and they only list german numbers; no whatsapp

1 Like

I reached out directly and communication was pretty lacking but did get in contact with them by calling through skype. With that said, I ended up negotiating with Rose and buying through them. The main reason was because of the warranty and US based servicing which Rose offers. Ended up paying around 20% over direct from MFG.

Its been around 4 weeks and I have not yet received my X1740, but it should be coming very soon!

3 Likes

If i’m processing 500ml in 5 separate jars, is the x1000d really needed? Or would I be better off going with a cheaper version off ebay that can handle 100ml> and just homogenize separately?

That question isn’t clear

I have been using the Cat X1000D with T17 generator/mixing head. It’s been awesome for up to 1L at a time. I need a new shaft and tried to get in touch but I see they now have new ownership. The website looks really unprofessional and the prices seem to have gone way up.

I found this place and their pricing seems much better. I’ll be calling them tmrw.

X1000D seem very high powered but when mixing thick oil (always heated to 60C) it helps to have the power to get the full potential out of the rotor shear motion. We are not mixing here, we are creating cavitation by tearing the liquid apart and creating vacuum bubbles. Power helps.

As for cleaning I just use the shaft in hot soapy water for 30 seconds then again in hot clean water for 10 seconds twice to rinse.

1 Like

I am looking to buy a homogenizer immediatly. Where do you pros suggest to purchase from? Overseas? Or is there a us based company? Thanks

I’ve seen the issues with overseas communications and not sure if it’s worth the cost savings.

1 Like

@ajonesy777 did your purchase work out ok?
Can you share with Rockymtn24 where up north you purchased your CAT?

1 Like

I was a little worried about the 4 week wait time?

How do you use these wine sealer systems with jars? Also, do you use a regular microwave? Do you use certain heat/power settings on the microwave?

1 Like

Did you make contact? That pricing is really good, more than half compared to other companies.

I don’t have a better way to accomplish a homogenization like this. That said, I am leery of the possibility that these homogenizers pull a lot of oxygen into one’s product during the homogenization process. This could result in more oxidation, which could make your product more brown.

SOLD

@Thetetraguy

1 Like

Oh yeah. Ill take it :+1:

1 Like

interesting theory. I haven’t heard anyone mention that problem though. potentially a lot less time spent in open air/heat vs a mag stirrer. big reason why I want to get one, on top of flavor uniformity.