Question about compliant D8

Hi everyone,

Quick question for you all regarding “compliant” D8.

So if Synthetic THC’s are illegal in the US now according to the DEA, why the hell do you care if it’s compliant?

Would that not be the equivalent of trying to make sure that the Cocaine you’re producing/selling is free of any D9 THC?

You’re still manufacturing a schedule 1 substance with intent to distribute right?

This is all not to mention the fact that no one has any compliant COA’s from an actual DEA certified lab like @kcalabs

So I guess my question is if you’re Manufacturing and selling a “schedule 1 Narcotic”, why are you trying to follow the rules still? It’s still 20-30 years for that charge regardless of the D9 levels… (and it’s probably not compliant anyways).

12 Likes

Because it’s ex pats from the e cig industry who love abusing loopholes in grey markets that don’t want to actually get their hands dirty. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Thats a really good point. But its a thc so it should fall in the same category as d9 which is already federally illegal and considered a schedule 1. So with your theory everyone in the d9 game is operating illegally.

State laws may help you sleep at night but the DEA also doesnt really give a shit about state law. they are above it in their eyes.

6 Likes

But the Supreme Court ruled that the DEA cannot go and raid people producing D9 in legal states… the thing is D8 is arguably more dangerous because it is not protected by any state laws, Colorado for example doesn’t really want anything to do with D8 despite being one of the leaders at the forefront of D9 THC legalization.

All I know is that if I was going to get busted for manufacturing with intent to distribute a schedule 1 narcotic, it would not be for diet weed. You’d take the same risk making a Kilo of LSD as you would making D8. The difference is LSD is worth $10,000,000/kg wholesale so it would Actually be worth the risk.

6 Likes

The more I watch from the sidelines the more I believe that hemp is just attracting a lot of people who exhibit antisocial behavior. Sprayed hemp packs, hot product, isomerized crude for consumption; people who do this shit couldn’t care less about any consequences IMO

6 Likes

See I’ve been saying that the hemp industry is full of people that don’t care about their end consumer/customer for a long time, and I’d have to agree with you, that is a very accurate statement.

But even all the Chads and the Brads out there must have some idea what’s going on. Like Hempire who is SUING THE DEA despite the fact that their product is not D9 compliant :joy: they are poking a sleeping bear and screaming make an example out of me…

I’ve always known that the majority of people don’t care about consumers, but it’s shocking to see that they don’t care about themselves either! They just chase cash, that’s it.

6 Likes

Thats a good point! and very valid at this moment in time. I think in time d8 will be on all the same lists as d9.

But until then maybe d8 people need to start looking for ergot fungus :rofl:

***dont do the above

6 Likes

I agree 100% one day it will not be a “THC” license that allows you to sell D9 THC but it will be a “Psychoactive cannabinoid license” Or a license to produce and sell any psychoactive cannabinoid… but until then if you wanna do illegal shit, then commit and do some criminal activities actually worth the risk and stop risking your freedom for diet weed :joy:

I Guess to each their own, but when the Feds come knocking don’t say you weren’t warned!

1 Like

Exhibit A: https://www.reddit.com/r/weedbiz/comments/ift214/i_work_in_a_cbd_hemp_distribution_center_and_we/

4 Likes

Man I hope he is exaggerating in that story and it’s not actually that bad…

6 Likes

Honestly,

I’m just glad it was the DEA who came in and cracked down. It would have been significantly worse if the FDA had come in and started questioning the safety of all synthetic or converted cannabinoids.

That’s how you get your entire industry taken away and gifted to Big Pharma on a silver platter :man_bowing:t3:

5 Likes

Don’t judge me and my compliant hemp derived cocaine.

11 Likes

As long as your Cocaine is below 0.3% D9 THC it should be fine! Haha at trial you can show them your COA’s from SDPharm and Alltitude Labs… that’ll show em!

9 Likes

I just wanted to make sure that you were aware that the FDA actually did step in, about a week before the DEA on this specifically for hemp products and guidance for safety and efficacy. They have an open period of public comment now too, just like the DEA.

Probably the reason people are looking at ways to continue CBD production is because that was intended by the Farm Bill 2018 and because there are some companies, not all, that have millions of dollars invested into the infrastructure to continue supplying these materials for R&D in cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and nutraceuticals. Its not just D8 that DEA threw shade at this week - its the entire process, and they were intentionally being vague and leaving room for ambiguity.

People always try to operate in gray spaces where its in cannabis or generic aspirin or Tylenol. It never surprises me with the stories people tell themselves so they feel good about the shortcuts they are taken, the safety activities they decide are unscientific, or the rules that they can bend or run around. Heck, the regulators sometimes seem to do the same thing, enforcing when they feel like it, treating people different based on relationships and lobbyists.

The conversation on here has been good for me. Things I didn’t consider before have made it into my public comment draft. Not matter how much I disagree, at least knowing other people are thinking it means I can add it to my outline, prove or disprove it to the best of my ability and that means a more robust response to the regulator. :smiley:

Thanks for keeping the conversation going. Hemp compliant cocaine - made me spit all over my laptop from laughter. <3

7 Likes

tegridycoke

better be produced with 'tegridy

9 Likes

Agreed. Look what happened to the e cig industry. Very few people got their recipes approved by the FDA and now barely anyone can operate legally. Which is why they’re all now jumping on cbd.

As to these people don’t care about their end consumers, the e cigarette industry dyed their juice with harmful additives(titanium something) and put butter flavoring into their juices at the expense of the health of their consumers all while touting that its safer than cigarettes. These people will exploit any loophole to make a quick buck.

2 Likes

Didn’t they grandfather every flavor that was marketed before August 2016? I forget the specifics, but it’s relevant given similar rules may be levied against hemp.

2 Likes

No by August 2016 you had to get FDA approval on your flavor. The “grandfathering” is it was way easier to get approval before then than it is now.

3 Likes

@Future did your d8 come back compliant from kca? Just curious…

6 Likes

That is fucking disgusting

1 Like