Quality ball valves

Check ebay theres a few sets on there for 50+ just depends on the model# you want or need

Yeah I’ve got a few good quick connects on there, the OCD in me can’t allow mismatched valves though has to be a bulk order. By now someone has to have a comparable valve.

3 Likes

Good luck, sounds like you’re looking for a unicorn lol.

You look for dk lok, tylok, yor lok, or have you used google? I found a couple with a few minutes search…

@Hansel, I find they’re a little better than the bvv valves, and any other one I’ve tried so far.

1 Like
2 Likes

Just wondering if the hive mind has found something I wasn’t aware of dude. Yeah, I can use google. Sorry If I offended you.

I’ve had really good luck with the Superlok 210 and 220 series valves for cold hydrocarbons. I usually use them in a compression variant, but they’re available in NPT. I get them from Corlee Valve & Fitting. The 3/8" compression are around $50 a valve. If I remember right, the proper Swagelok 43GS6 equivalent is about $85/ea. They stock them in NPT too and Corlee’s price on swagelok is often better than ordering from swagelok directly.

9 Likes

Been talking with Ryan at corlee and that’s the route I was prob going with, appreciate the input :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

ryan is good folk, and superlok has always served me well. I think Ryan also has access to some surplus inventories with some surplus swagelok valves

3 Likes

Check out Hy-lok. They’re a Candian base company. After reading some engineers forums it’s swagelok competition and a bit cheaper. I have a LPG extraction custom buildout for a client in Toronto. We’re going to be using them.

Also depending on your temperature range you may need cryo rated valves. Most lok companies are rated up to -40

3 Likes

I remembered seeing this a while back, i may givea few a try

1 Like

Have a bunch of hamlets and they get loose and leak so quickly! Some I have to tighten the nut every day or they are dripping out liquid. Bought new a few weeks ago $80 each for 3/8. Definitely looking for that good mid-range as well. The feel of turning a swagelok is like soft butter compared to any others, but that price for a whole system is absurd.

1 Like

Shit I bought a big batch of them and haven’t tried them yet

Noticing worse leakage when running very cold solvent, but in the past rarely had blue valves loosen up, let alone every valve, every day. Is there something I don’t know about the red hamlets to keep them tight??

2 Likes

Are you just hand tightening? I run all hamlets and that doesnt sound right

1 Like

I get swagelok 3/8” directly from them for like $150 a pop. Never had the slightest issue with the valves.

The quick connects suck tho. Not worth the extra $100 for those

2 Likes

Hamlets leak on the daily. Even the brand new ones

2 Likes

Wrench tighten the nuts. Couple opens and closes and the nuts loosen. Don’t understand it. Literally have liquid solvent dripping out of them every few runs unless I keep cranking them down till they are tight. Had a nut nearly fall off one midrun, the handle was just wiggling loose when I went to turn it. Again, any advice on something I’m overlooking would be wonderful! Maybe we just got a bad batch of them

What about Dernord? They’re not too bad.

swagelok

i made a thread on this a while ago, some more good info in there too

1 Like