Quality ball valves

What’s everyone using for quality valves these days that are somewhat reasonable? I have someone looking to switch over 50 or so of the run of the mill $11 3/8 npts. Swage is still green taxing theirs @ 280 a pop

2 Likes

Well I do not know about price or what kind of controls you use but I have 10 years working with bray valves and they rock. My current setup has some off market valves that leak at the valve stem and need to be replaced. I would recommend bray if you have the capital.

I have had extremely good luck with the ones through glacier tanks I am hesitant to use anything else

Butech or swagelok. No green tax, just good equipment. That $280 swagelok is $280 for every industry.

13 Likes

They used to be half that.

Huh. They used to not have the price even listed and you had to send an order form. Guess they changed it.

1 Like

Swag is not green taxing. Those were long before cls was around. You pay for good valves. Just how it is.
With that being said i use hamlet valves. Solid and cheaper. Wish i had the funds for swag. Think those are going to go on my tank when it arrives

4 Likes

@Slabby I dream of having all swage. One day. Lol

1 Like

I’ve got a 4-6 brand new 3-way 3/8th swagelok valves i may part with for a deal if anyone is interested. i been using swage since 2013 and they have always cost that much.

4 Likes

swagglok
Baller valves🤔

4 Likes

I use Tylok instead of Swage wherever possible, and have a local supplier (PVFCO in Denver) that can order whatever I need and prices fairly.

1 Like
3 Likes

I’m well aware of swagelok being a company and I am aware of them being high quality…I have some of them. I am saying back in the day they used to charge about half, and once they realized what they were being used for they jacked up the price unless you had an old account

I honestly doubt that… the have different variations and customization options for each individual part. You May have interpreted a quote wrong or something, but the prices have been the same long before we came along.

3 Likes

If they don’t need to be swagelok equivalents, I am very happy with ball valves from duda diesel.

https://www.dudadiesel.com/choose_item.php?id=2PCBV3-F037

5 Likes

@Curious_Roberto I have some of those sitting around as spares, but haven’t had to use them yet. Good to hear they are decent.

1 Like

Parker store and hose shop in Corona, ca, wnen i drive by, i should stop in, soon
Im *usually * going down the road…
Feeling bad​:pray::monkey::rose::rose::mushroom:
Though, and that’s a good thing

I have purchased new 3/8 npt for $160 in person at swage about 6 years ago. I had to argue with them recently about my old account. I know several people it’s happened to.

3 Likes

Those are the generic ones I’m trying to steer from, looking for a middle ground. Customer doesn’t want to pay 14k for valves

1 Like

Ya 6-7 yrs ago they werent nearly as expensive, when bizzybee got big there prices went up.

2 Likes

Right. There was one point the 1/4 were like $75 and like you said once bizzy started buying all the 3/8s up they hit $350 if you inquired about them. They didn’t even list the price for them on their site (every other item they sell did) you had to send a request. Price gouging at its finest

2 Likes