Putting CRC in material column

I do have stage 1,2 and 3 papers from summit. It just seems the 1um might be a little too delicate???

I ran this way with papers and filter plates. Then I ran this way with the tampon tek.

For workflow, you couldn’t beat the tampon tek, holding the felt flat, for your crc under each column. Even if the felt is just over your sintered disk. Keeps things clean and it’s a cheap consumable for its value.

4 Likes

Not really, you don’t wanna out a smaller um on top of a larger um, that’s how you end up with crap flow. Stage 1 is always a safe bet.

On the bottom plate or perforated filter I’ll stack a 3 then 2 2’s then 2 1’s. Bottom to top. Then filtration media

1 Like

We do this on a large scale, 200L material column with silica at the bottom and ground biomass right on top.

4 Likes

And the butane doesn’t have a hard time making it through all that?

2 Likes

Should no, if you do n2 assist the push to regulate flow. But I can bang through on dcvc with that with ease so doing it in a cls is far easier imo

1 Like

I personally don’t run nitrogen. Even with the whole system on deep vacuum, I can’t see me can get the solvent to run as quick as I’d like through the material column. After that though, I never have any issues with it coming right through the CRC.

Very cool thank you. I seen mention of the tampon tek. I’m going to have to read into it more

1 Like

It’s not needed for most

Let me know how it works. We are working with b80 and a Crc and blowbacks now

Do you still run crc below the material? Tyia

What dimensions is a 200L Material column?

1 Like

Trust me that clean up will make you want to cut your wrists.

I haven’t tried it, but it’s an awful idea.

It’s really not as bad as you think. If you have a deep enough filter plate, it all stays in there locked under a little biomass.

And you get the benefit of compressed media. :eyes:

8 Likes

This big….

9 Likes

Wow, when did these come into play?

1 Like

A few years back when we were doing hemp.

3 Likes

@thesk8nmidget what psi are those columns rated too ?

1 Like

Sadly not enough for the fun solvents.

9 Likes

What, bolted on gaskets/ends hold less pressure than regular old clamps???
For some reason I thought the opposite

2 Likes