Purple distillate

2 Likes

I’d like to talk about this purple distillate extracted by jetty labs I find it extremely unique if anybody knows something about it feel free to share your knowledge with me

Delta 8 often turns hues of pink, purple, rose/red, orange, and yellow as time goes by. Sometimes it just distills with the hues right away. From what I understand it mostly has to do with co-distillants that have undergone acidic or basic conditions and are distilled and oxidized.

8 Likes

I observed a dramatic reaction in a degumming experiment when the pH was raised. Solution turned entirely purple. If I had rotavaped at that time, would have likely gotten something like this.

5 Likes

All it is is a ph imbalance -_-

7 Likes

The further off the ph, the more color. You can do this with CBD too to make it pink / purple

1 Like

Thank you for the info guys.

2 Likes

Could this theoretically be done with bho?

I have my bho oxidize from clear to pink when i use activated alumina, i think i had t41 in the mix also

Same here but I really want to try to get a purple or blue I’ve been playing around with the thought of ph level but applying that to bho could be hard

1 Like

If t41 and alumina have lower ph wouldnt sodium bicarbonate raise it

1 Like

I made it.

1 Like

I’ve made thca Isolate from bho, then gently pressed it with heat to achieve clear, pink, and purple shatter. No terps but high thc content obviously.

3 Likes

Did you ever look and see if it has any CBDA in it?

1 Like

I vaguely remember testing one batch of it and seeing some but not a significant amount imo. Only did it a few times , I considered it a novelty.

I obtained the purple tint by adding Cannabis terpenes to a high purity mix of CBD Distillate. Looks amazing and is proof of a high quality distillate in my opinion. Let me know your thoughts?

I think that you came here from reddit

4 Likes

Hahahahhah, check yo pH

2 Likes

And your sundial

could not resist

1 Like

so after running some disty I extracted from carts through bho rig crc w b80 and silica60 , I stuck the test carts I filled in the fridge and it’s turning purple it’s probably d8 I know but what can I do to fix the rest of the disty from turning purple inside the carts

I didn’t add terps bc it retained so much but Im gonna test a lil by adding darker hemp terps to see if it fixes the problem ughhh this batch of loading for someone has driven me crazy to where idk if I’ll ever load for someone again without testing there disty first

now the disty that wasn’t pulled out w ethanol then fanned off then heated to remove ethanol and reran didn’t do this

I had bunch leakers and was using my only means to lighten the color it made it super light running crc I probably used to much powders and way less would been better.

remember the original jar of disty isn’t turning purple in the carts

2 Likes