Pulling Fats @ -60C?

That’s exactly how I pack my socks. Since I insulated my columns, I am now seeing the same precipitation on the bottom of my material column gaskets that you are. Pretty sure it’s fats too…

Imo, that suggests you might be looking at THCA… fats are less soluble in etoh. Sort of depends how much solvent you used. Getting the etoh cold again is another way to distinguish those two.

If you don’t have in house analytics, you might want to spring for a test, or find someone here with analytics who can test it for you.

Same advice for you @xxxtortellini

2 Likes

You’re using n-Butane, soaking for 5-10min, and running 3-4 socks over the same filter.
Extracting cold helps to pull less lipids, but a solvent as aggressive as n-Butane always pulls at least some fats, IME. Especially if it’s soaking for 10 minutes.

3 Likes

the first time I made thca was on accident and I was about to clean it all with a brush. It was like 50 grams worth

2 Likes

The stuff I pulled off my material column gaskets also floated on water and dissolved in ethanol. I even put the ethanol in the -20C freezer overnight, and absolutely nothing floated to the top or showed any signs of fats. Thank you for the response :+1:

3 Likes

i use felt filter and it was crusted in crystals. And I had a column on its side and the sides were like supermans cave.

i got the guage its cold enough, like - 40 into he tube with emissivety of stainless its likely colder.