Psychedelics as therapeutics

An “american badass” interesting discussion about psychedelics use in therapy.

2 Likes

I just saw this in my news feed. This is the path to mainstream acceptance for new therapies.

4 Likes

Im starting to think delics will be federally legal before cannabis will.

8 Likes

Ketamine is the leading therapy for psychedlics atm

4 Likes

I heard on the grapevine it’s mdma…

Firstly, heavy(ish) doses are helping people with trauma work through therapy effectively, a lot of money is being thrown at this.

Secondly, micro-dosing mdma to combat nicotine/alcohol addiction is another clinical trial that is proving effective.

5 Likes

tenor-1769249687

3 Likes

It’s hard to do without sending someone into a full blown trip. It’s hard to do because of rapid tolerance build-up.

It’s hard to do for a lot of reasons. I personally think there needs to be individualized guidelines that aren’t gonna mimic the guidelines that got the oxy-demic started.

It will take a lot of effort to make any psychedelic a controlled substance that will be of only medical use and the patient has to be committed to taking the medication properly which as well all know is the hardest thing for some people, when it comes to being prescribed any controlled substance…

:octopus: It’s hard to do on a medical level and a clinical setting but it can be tested properly this time around if things get better.

1 Like

Psilocybin experiences that can be guided are more beneficial for addiction. Guided LSD experiences can be more beneficial for trauma.

Research for MDMA Therapy for autistics and socialization was being tested by MAPS, I don’t know how that turned out.

You can reach deeper into a soul with psilocybin and deeper into a mind with LSD. :octopus:

1 Like

Ketamine is currently being used for the treatment of chronic pain, depression and PTSD. You can find thousands of examples to exhibit here but here are just a couple of them

3-4 MDMA has been used in the treatment of pain and severe depression in stage 4 terminal cancer patients also just patients in general as well as PTSD. And again you can find hundreds of articles but here are just couple of examples-
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-021-01336-3

There are other psychedelics that have been and are in clinical tests.

M.A.P.S (Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies) has been and still is a huge motivating force behind therapeutic psychedelic studies for the past three decades (37yrs) and they have a large suppository of information you can look through. They are an amazing organization and deserve all of our support.

8 Likes

We have 2 local ketamine clinics idk if was mdma they be shut down probably

1 Like

Anecdotal only: MDMA has been used for vets by the Veterans Administration or third parties working with the VA since at least the late '90s.

2 Likes

M.A.P.S was directly involved with that.

3 Likes

Microdosing MDMA is a very bad idea, you will completely dis regulate your receptors

5 Likes

But his girlfriend from another school (who you totally don’t know - shes an exchange student) said it was ok!

1 Like

It’s the smack in the head approach. Used sparingly, sporadically, and with every other therapy.

50 years of techno and no time release mechanism. I thought we were a space-faring species…

1 Like

Can you elaborate? I heard recently that the first time with MDMA is every time. Is this part of the same mechanism?

A large see-thru suppository you say…and I thought the invisible squid was a cute trick…I imagine deleting the tentacles probably makes it easier for the viewer to concentrate, and stops the viewee from wiggling around quite so much.

https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cub.2023.05.066

3 Likes

Lsd-1cp latest fun project

16 Likes

Can you go into more details?

Like ?
Starting material ergo ester
Coupling done with T3p
Then chroma on aluminium
This one got reddish heu deu to to long standing to crystelize 8 days and oxidation started turning solution ted

4 Likes