Psilocybin Chocolate - Can they legally be sold anywhere?

Hello all, I have a question on the legality of Psilocybin chocolate. Is there anywhere in the US or elsewhere in the world where these can be sold legally?

I know mushrooms have been rescheduled in several jurisdictions but is there currently a path for consumer products?

Oakland CA?
maybe.

7 Likes

Thanks. I am currently in Canada. Will start researching Oakland first.

Ya saw a wonder bar from there the other day, 4.5g per bar. Not sure exactly how it was purchased but pretty sure he said from a shop

2 Likes

I don’t think so…

Personal use possession has been decriminalized in Oakland, Denver, and Oregon voted for it.

I don’t think anywhere in the US allows sales or mfg at a state or city level, and all of this is still very federally illegal.

So, maybe Portugal?

19 Likes

Thanks. That is a good option to explore as well. Appreciate the response sir

1 Like

Don’t forget Ann Arbor, MI has decriminalized fungus posession.

8 Likes

Secret sesh it’s “legal” see you there!

2 Likes

The Dutch banned mushrooms in 2008, but I think there is still one particular type (truffles) that is legal. @Roguelab are magic truffles legal? Its been years since iv visited Amsterdam, back then edibles were not in the coffee shops. Do you guys have edibles in the shops now days?

Wild picked mushrooms are legal in Florida, Fiske v State

2 Likes

I bought truffles in Amsterdam, but ya the mushrooms are not allowed. I’m not sure the legal status of the active ingredients there

The Bahamas, Brazil, Virgin Islands, Nepal, Jamaica, and Samoa all allow production + sales iirc

4 Likes

As long as there not dry, atleast thats how it was in the 90s. Lots of trips down south

2 Likes

Beach boys trippin

1 Like

Spores are legal there, and possession below 0.5g of dried mushrooms is decrim

2 Likes

I think you meant to say, possession of greater than 0.5g is now criminalized.
Every smart shop in the city used to have refrigerators full, back in the day.

2 Likes

Anybody remember when the Dutch made shrooms illegal? There were a bunch of guys running around with those Super Soaker water guns filled up with inoculation, spraying down everything in sight. :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy:

5 Likes

I believe that florida case was a guy caught picking them in a field. It should not be relied upon as precedent for anything after leaving the cow field, like processing and reselling.

Shrooms are federally illegal, as future mentioned. Even if the state and city legalize, it is still a federal crime in that same location. The feds also have jurisdiction over interstate and international commerce, and moving illegal drugs that way will get you extra time at Club Fed.

3 Likes

Truffels are legal indeed
Edibles are not legal even thou the shops in Amsterdam are some what exempt from this ruling and an occasional space cake is ok
Main problem is that concentrates with no biomass in them are illegal list 1 making the risks a lot higher for working with them

2 Likes

Am i trippin or does Canada sell shroom chocolates? Thought i seen some for sale on canadian sites, not sure how legit tho.

1 Like