Problems with buttering up, picture provided

Everything is the same thats why im so confused. I use these beads to capture any moisture left in the solvent

Idk what molsieve is

Your extraction system may need a thorough cleaning

1 Like

I tried to seperate the liquid with the thickness and this is how they came out

Didnt mean to upload two of the same picture

have you ever dehydrated your beads (those are molsieve)
some look dark/damp

1 Like

No i have not dehydrated. Do you think they might have collected to much moisture in them? I change them out quite often

1 Like

What kinda filtering are you using? And how fine is the material. Those smaller samples look like it has particulate in it.

2 Likes

Set fire to a large dab size and look and listen close Maybe Gives a hunch

1 Like

Did You clean the cls with methanol ?

I cleaned it with alcohol

1 Like

I’d dry your material more if necessary, keep in the freezer until you’re ready for it and chill your solvent…
If you’re not gonna dewax…

Water or mystery oil if new tank… distill your gas and clean your extractor good… if your gas is old distill it and try and introduce some fresh tane in… thats first thing I would do…

Newport Maine here… shout out to the Mainers!!!

3 Likes

Water

Try keeping the recovery temp the same 25c to 30c, I have noticed chucks of wax when the extractor gets really cold then warmed up rapidly, and pull more of the solvent out before pouring helps with stability.

3 Likes

Seems to be an excess of moisture.

Are you possibly shutting your water circulator off too early and it’s causing fats to drop out and cause this?

2 Likes

those are your molesieves.

go read about them: Search results for 'molecular sieve' - Future4200

specifically how to test them after regenerating: Molecular sieve beads - #24 by cyclopath

1 Like

Like said above, you may need to recover warmer. Its winter and ambient temps have changed. Nucleation forms in cold solvent mixture before pour.

This may be pretty simple…

Did you get this before or after processing in vac?

Are u running a closed loop and recovering fuel?

Did u run ambient temperature or somewhat cold?