Problems with buttering up, picture provided

Hi im making shatter and im having problems just in the past few days. For some reason when i go to pour off from my honeypot there are all these chunks of wax coming with that ive never had before and its making my shatter turn to butter instead. Ive never had this problem before and it just started happening the other day. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I was thinking maybe there is moisture getting in there and thats why its chunking up but i honestly dont know what to do

here is a picture i took to show you guys more of what it looks like

Ever did extraction on the same biomass
And iT did not happen
Do You dewax ?

I dont dewax but ive never had this problem until a couple days ago. I didnt change anything. Ive been doing everything the same

Exact same biomass ?
Plants create Wax to the enviorment they grow in so a very rainy season Will give a waxy crop

2 Likes

It should be. Its the same exact material ive been running all year and all of a sudden it started doing this. I dont really know what you mean by same biomass

Thats why im saying nothing has changed. The material maybe could have more water in it but idk how it would since its all stored in the same place

Well that
If one is Tolling one often doesn t No much of the cultivation
Parchment the same ?
How about extraction temps Any change ?

@Dred_pirate and @Killa12345
Any sugestions ?

1 Like

What are your parameters ?
Water would give a green hue in My opinion so not so sure

do you molsieve your solvent?

3 Likes

there has to be water in your solvent. as mentioned above, molsieve

2 Likes

When I moved up to Maine last year, I encountered the same thing. It was a moisture issue because of humidity. It was REALLY humid up this way last summer. I was able to remedy by doing everything in a more controlled temp environment. Hope this helps…keep us updated.

2 Likes

Everything is the same thats why im so confused. I use these beads to capture any moisture left in the solvent

Idk what molsieve is

Your extraction system may need a thorough cleaning

1 Like

I tried to seperate the liquid with the thickness and this is how they came out

Didnt mean to upload two of the same picture

have you ever dehydrated your beads (those are molsieve)
some look dark/damp

1 Like

No i have not dehydrated. Do you think they might have collected to much moisture in them? I change them out quite often

1 Like

What kinda filtering are you using? And how fine is the material. Those smaller samples look like it has particulate in it.

2 Likes