Pretty sure I just ruined my first spd.

Change your pump oil. Honestly you only missed one step before jumping into the run (devolitizing) and now it looks like you’ve got that part accomplished at 230 c lol. Make sure cold trap has dry ice slurry and run that condenser hot

4 Likes

I’d do a activated carbon scrub before re distillation.
If it is azulene, it boils close to thc and is hard to leave behind in the tails.

1 Like

Is there a recommend fluid to run through the condenser at 80c?

Water if fine at 80
Water in an open circuit is fine till 100C as long as it canot build pressure

7 Likes

Dry run on the whole system…after 2 days of fighting.

50 micron on pump blanked off

2 Likes

Wrong type of pump

Go from bf and work your way back to check for leaks. Turn a part, look at gauge for movement. If so, that spot leaks.

All joints properly greased or used disty

3 Likes

I was actually pretty happy with the results(we were at 5,000-10000 before) :upside_down_face:. We actually started from condenser and worked our way down from each fitting to joint. Pretty sure our pump is close to full potential for what what we have. I have a thermowell and a top plug for head temp spot coming in.

I do want to mention we only drew vac from it for like 3 mins or so and it was still dropping. I’m thinking we could of hit 250 possibly. We were short on time though.

We are going to upgrade the pump after our next run when we have the funds. Appreciate the help from you guys. Shortening the hoses dropped our micron from 800 to 300 which was pretty insane to me considerening it was only 2 feet more of hose.

1 Like

The vac line still looks too long.

Run the pump for 30 mins, it should pull lower after it’s good n warmed up.

Di in the cold trap and the RF incase in di will also lower microns.

Edit

Wink wink
I have 2 vacuum pumps for sale.

4 Likes

Somewhat random interjection - Elitech digital wireless micron gauge - super on sale

Assuming it’s as functional as stated (1micron readout from 0-400), I just paid $153 for a digital micron gauge with wireless (not to mention an iOS app) & a three year warranty. I believe the manufacture is Ningbo Leader Electrical, Chinese, but with a 40% discount plus an extra 15% off until their ‘Cyber15’ code expires… The lowest price elsewhere is $279.99 on amazon including a $20 coupon, and their other gauges seem to be getting decent reviews.

Elitech Store, on sale for $153

5 Likes

Running currently, were at 350 microns and 180 degrees on the mantel. I’m getting a boiling reaction in my BF and then suddenly stops and calm as a lake. Keeps going back and forth is that normal?

You have a mantel probe ??

Raise the mantel temp to 200 won t bee seeing any heads till around 230 om the mantel

yea I am. Just didn’t want to kill my crude. Raising temp now

No worry s as long as vacuum is pulling your pretty safe

2 Likes

At those microns yes. Had you been around 200 microns, 200 mantle set temp is where the magic starts to happen.

1 Like

I think we’re starting to see heads. More vigrous stuff coming out of head

Easy what temp is your condensor at ?

55 degrees. Currently using a crock pot and that’s Max. I have a heat gun on hand just in case

1 Like

You will be able to achieve a decent distillation with this setup. When I did an underground spd course, the guy taught me that 17000 micron and a max temp of 320C was fine. Aside from him having to change the stir bar twice during an extremely long run on a 5L setup, we produced second pass “distillate” that sold in 3 days.

It’s not right, but you can still achieve results with poor vacuum. Best of luck man!

3 Likes

We’re starting to roll

6 Likes